Anyone been to Cevennes national park (1 Viewer)

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Hi, we are going to Cevennes in June and are searching for a good site, not too big, not commercial...but with good , challenging walks nearby., but no hairpin roads to navigate with the motorhome! Anyone have any suggestions? it's so hard to get a real feel from the internet

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We have been there, there is a very nice aire at Florac which also has the national park information centre handy for picking up guides and info. There is also an aire at Ispagnac, both these Aires have lovely walks around them. There is a nice acsi campsite in Ispagnac which we used for a couple of nights. Great area, fabulous drive up into Cevennes national park but we didn't overnight in the park as that is discouraged.

Reactions: Sue

Steve Taylor

Free Member
Jul 7, 2010
Greatstone on Sea, Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2009
Was there last June, spent most of our time at Anduze which we loved. Camping Le Pradal was very good, walks into the hills from just across the road from the entrance. River beach and swimming and a very cold pool! Went from there over the Col to Florac, fantastic drive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I drove through the park from Ales to Mende last year. I didn't stay at a site but the aire at Mende was good (free). The town of Mende is interesting too. The tourist information office have a compiled a map which includes a historic trail of approx 18 landmarks (in English). An interesting 3-4 hours.(y)

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
That brings back memories. In 1971 as a geography student 16 of us hiked along the route of RLS Travels with a Donkey. It was in the Easter holidays with snow on the ground etc. Our first site was at Le Monastier and we worked our way down to Mende. From memory we ended up on the coast at Saintes Marie's de la Mer. I returned to the area about 8 years ago and memories flooded back. There is lots to see and do, ski lifts up into the mountains. Lots of walking and marked trails, "Donkey hire". You'll enjoy and in the words of RLS "it's better to travel hopefully than to arrive" so no need to rush!

Finvarra

Free Member
Aug 6, 2014
scotland
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740SE
Exp
Since August 2013
We were there last year, I think it was the most beautiful part of France. There is a lovely Japanese garden on the hillside that has Europes largest collection of bonsai trees, well worth a visit.

Lesley

May 19, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
6 years
We stayed at Camping Chantemerle which was a lovely site with good river swimming about 2k from Florac. Nice little restaurant and a beaver colony at the far end of the site that we all watched in the evening. We were completely charmed by it. We had a tent rather than motorhome so cannot comment on the facilities in that respect. We plan to stay in our van possibly this summer. Loved the whole Cevennes region.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sue

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
We stayed at Camping Chantemerle which was a lovely site with good river swimming about 2k from Florac. Nice little restaurant and a beaver colony at the far end of the site that we all watched in the evening. We were completely charmed by it. We had a tent rather than motorhome so cannot comment on the facilities in that respect. We plan to stay in our van possibly this summer. Loved the whole Cevennes region.
Thank you Lizi, we have looked at the site and it does look great...I think we will book ....can you remember what the road to the site is like? We had an accident on our 1st trip to,France last year...wing mirror smashed by another motorhome, on a narrow, very fast road...so I am a nervous wreck now!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back