Anyone been here

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by Jim, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

2. irlamtrucker

irlamtrucker Read Only Funster

been there lots of times, it's only 45mins from where we live (stafford) a bit on the expensive side (£25 per night 2 adults 1 dog) very good facilities, park and ride into shrewsbury at the entrance to the site, local co-op shop, chip shop, video rental shop on small retail park at the entrance of the site by the park and ride (park and ride tickets free from reception, saves you paying 50p for parking ticket at the park and ride) 10% discount off campsite fees for caravan club members. site itself is of at least caravan club standards if not better, lake on the site, a conservatory overlooking the lake, where you can relax reading etc, also small shop selling essentials and odds and ends of camping equipment. alot of hardstandings with electric hook up, also grass pitches, not sure if they have electric.
    hope info is useful russ

3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Thanks for the info. :thumb: I should have their "Rally Rates" with me tomorrow. I'm told they are considerably cheaper and they will need to be:BigGrin:

4. rrusty

rrusty Funster

Yes I agree with what has already been said, we have stayed there twice.

Rusty

5. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Been there done that...........A very tidy site that can accommodate RV's easily , there's a supermarket by the gate and a fish and chippy just inside the gate and where would we be without the nearby public house :Wink::thumb:

6. gloworm

gloworm Funster

Hi There

Any news on this rally yet? love this site but as already been said bit on the expensive side, but we have been quite a few times and always enjoy it park and ride is really handy

Sue :thumb:

7. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

8. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Yes very good stayed night before Oswestry rally :thumb::thumb:

9. Sweet Chariot

Sweet Chariot Read Only Funster

Been numerous times they also have a Adult only area must be low season when I have visited as paid around £17.:thumb:

10. lorger

lorger Funster

Looks really nice but a bit far from Scotland for the weekend hopefully one day i will make a meet lol.

Gerry

11. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Agree with the other posts, very nice site right on park and ride Shewsbury a nice town to visit. Carol.

12. DavidEJM

DavidEJM Read Only Funster

looks like a nice site. I'd be interested to see how the rally idea pans out.

13. acdcdave

acdcdave Funster

Great shrewsbury site

Nice one Jim

As everyone says not cheap but excellent quality, Park & Ride bus into beautiful Shrewsbury, a Coop and two takeaways. Access is easy off the top of the Shrewsbury ring road. Excellent pitches and a lot of hard standing. There is also a good on-site shop. Their other sites are supposed to be good as well and they have a high quality image in Shrewsbury where they are based.

Regards, ACDCDAVE & STAGING LADY

14. champers

champers Funster Life Member

Yes we were wondering if there was any more news about this meet also, the site looks good and very convenient for getting about :BigGrin: not too far for us , think about 95 miles away :thumb::thumb:

W/E's 10th and the 17th are > Shepton Mallet Show and the Comedy Walk at Bath with JJ also:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

15. shirlandy

shirlandy Funster

oxenhall

Hi jim,we went there when we picked up the rv from Travelworld,it is a very good RV friendly site.Expensive yes ,but good.As far as i know Brian Evans has been there a few times,hes probably the man to ask.Regards Andy & Shirley.:thumb: