Anyone a whizz kid on waeco rev.camera

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by laneside, Dec 14, 2009.

1. laneside

laneside Funster

Hi

Is anyone aufair with the Waeco perfect view 250LCD

Just got the MH and everything is working with the exception of the reversing camera.

When you turn the ignition on the screen glows and when you select reverse gear the screen flickers brighter but that is it.

There is no response from any of the monitor buttons whatsoever

Is it possible to tell if it is the camera or the monitor or is it a case of skipping it

Thanks Alan

2. Shore-is-Good

Shore-is-Good Read Only Funster

Hi
    It's most likely to be the cable connection behind the monitor. There is a multi-pin plug that connects the monitor to another cable and (as in my case) it works itself loose causing the exact symptoms you describe. The options are to push the two plugs together and wrap tape around them or, to make a better connection, wrap a cable tie slightly loose around each cable and use another two c/ties to cinch the whole assembly together.

3. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

What Shore-is-Good is saying, might well be the problem as mine is just the same....on mine just at the back of the camera is a plug and socket connection....I have to press them together now and again or just move the cable slightly at the base of the camera....they do seem a bit fragile.

Mel