Anybody recommend a mechanic Bury / Bolton area (1 Viewer)

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
I'm hoping somebody can recommend a garage or a mechanic that can supply an fit front shockers and rear spring assistors to my 1984 Bedford CF Autosleeper Clubman.
The last garage I used blew up my leisure battery (inside the van) using a gas torch under the van (next to the LPG tank) - so really need help finding somebody who isn't a cowboy:help:

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Spoke to a local guy last week after i saw him driving his MH.
He was taking it to:-
Academy Fleet Services
Albert Close Trading Estate
Whitefield
Manchester
M45 8EH

I have not used them so only going on his recommendation, dont know if they will be ok but worth looking them up.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry I don't know anyone in Bury but depends how far you wish to travel.... (I used to travel for an hour to get my last van seen to as wanted to go to a certain garage, which has now closed down)..... but Carol and Eddie use one near Culcheth, Warrington.... Think that about an hour away from you.... If you pm Carol I am sure she will tell you about it. If she does maybe you could come back and put it on here in case others want one in that area...

Good luck.

PS Just googled it and it is 29 mins away from you.. I have pm'd Carol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Not on your doorstep but well worth using for ALL motorhome related work.

Mark, the owner, used to be foreman for TB Turbos and his knowledge and expertise are fantastic. I have no connection other than having had a replacement cambelt fitted on the Hymer some years ago.

We arrived the previous evening and used the EHU and water in the secure yard and used the courtesy car but the job, including adjusting the clutch and sorting a starter motor problem was complete at lunch time.

[FONT=&quot]C & M Auto Services, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Unit 45 Paragon Way, Lancaster LA1 5QP Phone: 01524 843721 Website: www.candmauto.co.uk[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]http://www.cylex-uk.co.uk/reviews/v...maName=c---m-auto-services&companyId=18602812[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
The garage Joy is saying about is Cathrine Street Motors in Warrington, found them very helpful, they had a lot a facility's. Could be worth a phone call.

OP
OP
triclops

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
Information received and much appreciated - Cheers to PaulyP, Phil1946, Movan and Carol.
This is where I start phoning round and hearing sharp intake of breath and "That sounds expensive" comments.
And me saying "How much":Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back