Anybody Live near Highbridge Caravan Centre, Somerset? (1 Viewer)

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Hi All,
My son lives in Aberdeen but has seen a Motorhome he is interested in at:
Highbridge Caravan Centre Ltd.
A38 Bristol Road,
Highbridge,
Somerset,
TA9 4EX,

If somebody is driving passed and could take a look for me to see if it is worth him the trip so far south it would be appreciated. The van in question is:
http://www.highbridgecaravans.co.uk/products/motorhomes/HCCQF32235/2013-autocruise-quartet
The pictures look good but they could be stock photo's
Also it seems they had a massive fire recently so there could be smoke damage to some of their stock.
Thanks for any help. PM me if you would prefer.
Steve

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I would have thought a phone call to them would tell you if it had smoke damage, but to be honest they are a very well liked professional dealer and if anything had smoke damage would not be sold.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I spoke to one of the Highbridge guys at the show on Tuesday and he said that all the caravans damaged in the fire were their own stock vans and no motorhomes or customers vehicles were involved. The fire was a few hundred yards away from the motorhome sales area anyway.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
@OldAgeTravellers - I think the fire damage was in the caravan area which is quite a distance away from the motorhomes, but have no fear - I have the nose of a bloodhound and can detect smells at 100 feet, so if there is smoke damage - I will know! On our way now so will report back later!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Thanks to all of you. And especially to Geraldine @cliffandger for taking the trouble to drive over and have a look the same day I asked the question I have replied to your pm. And to @Nigeltheparrot for saying he would drive over. My son will be very grateful to you all.
What a fantastic club and bunch of people in it. @Jim shoul be very proud of what he has created.
Steve

TheHappyCampers

Free Member
Oct 17, 2016
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Hi All,
Nik here, Thanks for responding to Dad's request about the 'van at highbridge.
Particularly @cliffandger for the inspection report and pics.
Will look when I can get down and have a look myself soon.
Cheers,
The Happy Campers

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
@TheHappyCampers - Hi Nik. As I said to your dad, look up the West Country Motorhomes website - they're only a couple of miles away from Highbridge and we stopped to have a look round on our way home. They have loads of PVCs and small motorhomes, so lots to compare. (y)

TheHappyCampers

Free Member
Oct 17, 2016
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Yes. I saw that suggestion , will definitely take a look at the other place you mentioned.

We are just selling our VW Trident Autosleeper which we have had for 5 years, but the 2 +2 arrangement with kids in high top is getting a little cramped.

We would like a van conversion because we use as a 2nd vehicle, and would prefer bunks for kids.
The Quartet has bunks down rear far side with shower room on near side rear. This seems a very nice configuration. The Wildax Solaris has a similar layout but I am not aware of any other models with this configuration... any suggestions welcomed.

Cheers.
THC.

TheHappyCampers

Free Member
Oct 17, 2016
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks everyone for the info and help. Earlier this month I went down and had a good look at the van and took it for a test drive. We complete on the van at the end of the month, and are really looking forward to getting away in it.
Thanks again everyone.
THC.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back