anybody joined the AA recently? (1 Viewer)

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
Not sure whether I'm just stuck in a parallel universe or am expecting too much. Anybody else have a recent joining the AA experience?

I joined hte AA mid October, with the actual cover starting beginning of Nov on the date we'd planned to pick up our van. Policy covers the van rather than specifically me

Received a confirmation email and money was taken mid October. Downloaded the app and that wouldn't accept my membership number initially but did from the policy start date. All good, but there was no sign of any paper work whatsoever, no membership card other htan the digital one on the app.

Emailed after a few weeks and got a terse it takes 28 days, wait til then. Emailed after 28 days, was told it had been dispatched just be patient, emailed again last week (now 2 months after they accepted payment) and they agreed to resend membership card, but that it would take another 28 days ...

Then today I received the welcome letter dated OCtober, referring to membership card and attachements but no membership card. I suspect this is supposed to be a placeholder til the memberhsip card arrives but is just in an envelope with a blank AA compliment slip.

So all the discounts they tout we've not been able to access for past 2 months, and won't for next month, and we have no proof until today that the van is covered should we need to call them out!

Not impressed

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
No that's not great :( Hopefully you won't have to wait that long if you call them out :xeek:

I had a different example from the Royal Horticultural (RHS) this month. I decided a membership would be good for Mrs Vanman, encourage her out in the van more. As it was to be a surprise Christmas present I phoned them up, got the papers sent to me, the bill in my name but the membership in hers. All went like clockwork until a week later when they sent her out the December Magazine :xdoh:

Reactions: GBS
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Never had any problem all you need is your membership number and their telephone number, not sure what else you are hoping for as everything else is available on line....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
No that's not great :( Hopefully you won't have to wait that long if you call them out :xeek:

I had a different example from the Royal Horticultural (RHS) this month. I decided a membership would be good for Mrs Vanman, encourage her out in the van more. As it was to be a surprise Christmas present I phoned them up, got the papers sent to me, the bill in my name but the membership in hers. All went like clockwork until a week later when they sent her out the December Magazine :xdoh:

:xdoh:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Not sure whether I'm just stuck in a parallel universe or am expecting too much. Anybody else have a recent joining the AA experience?

I joined hte AA mid October, with the actual cover starting beginning of Nov on the date we'd planned to pick up our van. Policy covers the van rather than specifically me

Received a confirmation email and money was taken mid October. Downloaded the app and that wouldn't accept my membership number initially but did from the policy start date. All good, but there was no sign of any paper work whatsoever, no membership card other htan the digital one on the app.

Emailed after a few weeks and got a terse it takes 28 days, wait til then. Emailed after 28 days, was told it had been dispatched just be patient, emailed again last week (now 2 months after they accepted payment) and they agreed to resend membership card, but that it would take another 28 days ...

Then today I received the welcome letter dated OCtober, referring to membership card and attachements but no membership card. I suspect this is supposed to be a placeholder til the memberhsip card arrives but is just in an envelope with a blank AA compliment slip.

So all the discounts they tout we've not been able to access for past 2 months, and won't for next month, and we have no proof until today that the van is covered should we need to call them out!

Not impressed

Any help head honcho may focus attention

AA Corporation Limited (Automobile Association, The AA, AA breakdown) UK ., Executive Chairman

Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed
Minicom: 0800 3282810
Broken Link Removed(Active)
Est.24/06/1999

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
They should take a few lessons from ADAC who had issued cards, magazine etc. within a week of joining and my membership was effective immediately my credit card payment had been accepted when I was given my membership number. Oh yes, it is me that is covered for any vehicle I drive and yes, they do speak exceptionally good English!

OP
OP
jnn

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
That's what I'd expected Digger Jon, I wonder whether my paying a couple of weeks before the policy started has somehow messed it up.

Their latest email said we'd need to show ID if we called them out before the card arrived, not sure why as I specifcally chose the van cover not personal because it has several drivers.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I joined in November the welcome pack and membership card was here the next morning. I wonder if the glitch is because you joined in October with a start of cover date in November? Perhaps the system can't manage delayed start dates?

OP
OP
jnn

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
i suspect that probably is it, be interesting to see when it eventually arrives

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
about 25 years ago for me , i havent touched a drop since 18/12/1994

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Any help head honcho may focus attention

AA Corporation Limited (Automobile Association, The AA, AA breakdown) UK ., Executive Chairman

Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed
Minicom: 0800 3282810
Broken Link Removed(Active)
Est.24/06/1999

Did you try an email to Bob Mackenzie in blue above click his name e mail will be presented for you to right only saying in case you missed me post

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back