Anybody Had Dealings With Marquis Motorhomes At Durham ?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by campa cola, Jun 2, 2015.

1. campa cola

campa cola Funster

Hoing to look at some vans there soon...
    ...any feedback for them ??

TIA

2. BONZO

BONZO Funster

Hi out of a lot of dealers they seem to be a little more exspencve .but had no dealings with them. Take your time and have a good look round there is a lot out there so don't Rush and some one will be here to tell you more . There is some of us that has got vans from them. John

• Like Like x 1
  3. laneside

laneside Funster

Tried to buy a Hymer from their Preston branch but the salesman was far too pushy for my taste, very much felt like he was on commision only so I walked away

• Like Like x 1
  4. grumps147

grumps147 Funster

• Like Like x 1
  5. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

Plenty of dealers a roundabout there. Camper NE are just up the road and generally have a good selection . Have dealt with them and as they are a family business offer more of a personal service. Certainly no pushy salesmen and you're the customer with the money some it's your call. Good luck with your search.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I agree, Camper NE are well worth a visit while you are in Birtley. We bought our current van from them and were very happy with the way we were treated.
    The only time we have visited Marquis was for an open day when we weren't intending to buy (it was still Brownhills when we bought our van).

• Like Like x 1
  7. golly

golly Funster

We have had three motorhomes from Marquis Durham, any problems we have had have been sorted quickly including a return to Autosleeper for warranty work. If your going to view, ask for Nick Condon, one of their sales team, a very nice young man and not pushy at all, we have bought all of our vans through him.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Knew his dad, sir Paul Condon, in fact I used to work for him.....[​IMG]

Joking apart I used to do a lot of business with Marquis Motorhomes down in Lower Upham, but that was in the day when it WAS Marquis as opposed to the conglomerate it is today, but they were always fine by my reckoning.

• Like Like x 1
  9. oldflemo

oldflemo Funster

Just bought from them a 2005 Lunar Roadstar 620. To be honest I made up for them a long list of defects and over the nine weeks they've taken to get the parts and work completed visited them three times to check up on their progress. They have been excellent in the most part but needed reminding a couple of times we would not complete payment they requested until we were entirely satisfied with their workmanship. We got a very fair deal from them financially and I would recommend them particularly their depot manager Adam Webb.

• Like Like x 1
  10. wingman

wingman Funster

Got a pretty fair deal from Marquis (Golden Cross, South Coast) on a new van. They always answered phone calls, salesman was good and knowledgeable - not pushy! Would buy from them again.

If you have plenty of dealerships up there, as has been said, shop around and note the comments from other funsters.
    Hope this helps?

• Like Like x 1
  11. campa cola

campa cola Funster

Thanks for all the replies and help. Certainly I will visit some of the other showrooms mentioned on my trip. I am looking at one of the Benimar range as a possible van, hence my need to go to Marquis in particular.