Anybody done a CRiS (HPI) check on a US 5'er?...

Discussion in 'Fifth Wheelers' started by Maverick355, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Maverick355

Maverick355 Read Only Funster

Apr 13, 2012
    Hi all,

Been quietly looking around for a 5'er trailer for quite a few months now and think Ive found something. However, being the cynic I am and due to previously having the wool pulled over my eyes when buying things, Im being cautious with this purchase!

One thing I want to check is if there is outstanding finance on it. I know HPI do a similar check for caravans (CRiS) which would be easy if it were a UK unit as all manufacturers have to register products at first sale. However being a US model Im not sure if the same thing applies...

Has anyone got any experience of this? What ID numbers do they base the check on? All I can find is the model number and serial number - is this enough?

The van is being sold privately and seems like a genuine sale but Id like to be sure, you know...

Thanks for any help!
  2. Brightspark

Brightspark Funster

Dec 27, 2010
    Any private owner can register a caravan or trailer with CRiS (HPi) It is registered by its chassis No or serial No. I would enquire if the owner has a registration document, if not get the chassis No & make a private enquiry. If the owner has nothing to hide they should be more than willing to give you the chassis No.