Anybody bought Aldi TV's and Satellite? (1 Viewer)

Cuto's

Free Member
Sep 16, 2016
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650C
Exp
Aldi are doing another caravan and motorhome special buy Sunday 2nd April.

Broken Link Removed

Has anybody any experience of their TV brand Brauhn and also is the cheap satellite set worth the money as it all seems very reasonable.

OP
OP
Cuto's

Cuto's

Free Member
Sep 16, 2016
Stourbridge
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650C
Exp
@derbyshirewanderer From what I've read the tuner is in the box with the dish.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
there is a receiver in the kit provided, usually you have to set a standard tv to the av input for this type of set up.
never tried one of these but seen plenty at boot sales or m/home rally sales, if that gives you any clues

Upvote 0

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I bought the Digi sat system they were selling some years back ,whilst the dish is pretty rubbish outside the UK ,the actual receiver is still working well in my present Moho ,also works fine using a 1m dish on a tri-pod

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We've got a previous Medion model TV from Aldi and it's been fine. Speakers are a little tinny but solved this with a pair of usb powered Logitech speakers. We plug a 2Tb usb powered external hard disc into it that has 100's of movies on it and it works well. Not used it with satellite only Status aerial. Had it a couple of years now and is semi-permanently mounted in motorhome.

Upvote 0

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
@derbyshirewanderer From what I've read the tuner is in the box with the dish.
I did not realise that the receiver was the tuner.
I have been wanting a larger tv for a while but thought I needed one with the tuner built in to work. I will now research this further to see what will work (already have roof mounted dish)

Upvote 0

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
[QUOTE="Derbyshire wanderer, I will now research this further to see what will work (already have roof mounted dish)[/QUOTE]

If it helps my Moho came with and still has a manual Sat dish and separate French HD tuner ,(astra 19.2° )I just use the median tuner bought at Aldi , using Astra 28.2° works fine but further south when parked on site if needed I use the bigger fish on a tri-pod

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
They are also selling the small solar panel thats sits on the dash to top up battery when stationary.
This is probably a stupid question but does anyone know if this has to connect direct to the battery with jump type cables or can you connect through the lighter 12v socket thats supplied

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I just happen to have bought both the satellite system and the bauhn tv from aldi when previously offered.
Satellite decoder perfect, the dish is rubbish
tv is a nice piece of kit for the money with clear picture and audio

both have a 3 year warranty

Upvote 0

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
I bought a. Braun tv from them 12 months ago works well easy to tune,the only criticism is the picture distortion if viewed from the side as with most TVs in this price group. Good enough for me .

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
They are also selling the small solar panel thats sits on the dash to top up battery when stationary.
This is probably a stupid question but does anyone know if this has to connect direct to the battery with jump type cables or can you connect through the lighter 12v socket thats supplied

You need to check if the socket your plugging the lighter cable into is live with the van ignition switched off otherwise it wont work.

Upvote 0

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
@jollyrodger So do you need different HD tuners for different satallites? Sorry totally new to this, thanks for your help.

No probs sorry for late reply,I've been playing on the boat :)
I bought the Moho in France and the system came with it .The tuner is a digital HD French system ,a bit like our British sky box .It has a out of date card ,which I am told I can put credit on ? But it has free to air Sat channels but by default works on the old Astra 19°E though I did find a code and can tune in other sat's but it will go back to default after being turned off and on again,a real pain.
The median bought from Aldi will tune into any Sat if pointed in the right direction.and will keep them in favourites and stay there just like a home version ,and can be used for that purpose if required,if you have a dish on the wall .Hope that didn't confuse you to much :D

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Unless they've changed a lot they are functional but that's it.
Plastic dish, cheap LNB, heath Robinson mount options.
I only bought it for the receiver.
A long time since I had one but the 'porty' receiver wasn't too bad.

Upvote 0

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
I bought the Aldi camping satelite set up years ago and it worked very well. When I went to Alderney 10 years ago I took it there and mounted the dish on a broom handle with a couple of G cramps gripping the window sill. It did valiant service there in the permanent salt air the only problem when I relocated to Guernsey the dish clamp/mount had totally siezed (quite understandably).

I have done the pre order for both the tv and the satelite kit to put into Helen for this summer's odyssey. I have had no problems with Aldi products to date. Delivery will be next week. I thought I would avoid the mayhem at the shop in Hythe on Sunday morning.

Clive:imoutahere::wine:

Upvote 0
Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I have the Lidl version of this once, you understand how to set it up it works well. Mine worked down in Vianden in Luxembourg with a plastic dish and an lnb that will pick up all satellites. With mine if you go into info you get two bars which increase in length until you lock on to the chosen satellite signal and you get a picture. Only free to air of course.

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I have the Lidl version of this once, you understand how to set it up it works well. Mine worked down in Vianden in Luxembourg with a plastic dish and an lnb that will pick up all satellites. With mine if you go into info you get two bars which increase in length until you lock on to the chosen satellite signal and you get a picture. Only free to air of course.
I decided to buy this because although my TV got reception in Germany and Luxembourg, it didn't in France

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Many thanks to everyones input and comments, I have now pre-order both :)

And order a couple of bottles of their best brandy.

I've spent a good while at meets helping people point the dish in the right direction, it's a black art. A "sat finder" is pretty much essential, then you just hoover the sky for ages. But it is pitiful to see fellow FUNsters sobbing their eyes out.

Upvote 0

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
If you have an iPhone you can download an app that tells you the Southerly angle and elevation. Its free. I imagine there will be an Android version as well. The beautiful assistant I once had was not a lot of help and an ugly one made no difference (I suspect this is not politically correct and accept that there are exceptions to the rule).:imoutahere:

In the past I have sat the tv in the window and manouverd the dish monitoring the set up screen. Polarisation may be an issue.

Helps develop a thirst for that medicinal glass of wine.

:wine:Clive

Upvote 0

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
image.jpeg
@Cuto's This is the App Store picture. Seems to work ok for me. Good luck Clive

Upvote 0

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Aldi are doing another caravan and motorhome special buy Sunday 2nd April.

Broken Link Removed

Has anybody any experience of their TV brand Brauhn and also is the cheap satellite set worth the money as it all seems very reasonable.

Se here for reviews. Not great but what do we expect at that price point ? I bought Avtex which is fabulous but over twice the price.

Link.

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/bauhn-aldi-atvs65-815.html

Upvote 0
Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Bauhn TV, bought one at Aldi about a year ago, I think it was less than £100 last time round.

It's had a lot of use and continues to function perfectly.

One thing on the DVD Player that I like, it's probably standard but I've not experienced before. Your watching a movie and it's time to move on, turn the TV off, when you switch it back on a memory function takes you right back to the movie where you left it.

When I bought mine the 12v lead has a standard cigar lighter plug so I needed to purchase a 12v plug adapter, just a few pounds.

Upvote 0

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I bought this whilst in Skegness. TV and radio reception was never very good, but no problems now!! (y) I can get Skeggy Holiday Piss Up Channel, Skegness Pop 'til you Drop, Radio Skegness 1 2 3 & 4, and Skegness for the over 70's. (y)

coat hanger.png

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
IMG_1617.PNG
I use SatFinder Lite with my iPad or iPhone. You can scan the sky and see if there are any obstructions to your line of (sat) sight before you erect your dish. Couldn't be bothered going outside. I'm sure you get the gist. Mike

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back