Any views on DETHLEFF A850

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by T & J, Mar 4, 2015.

1. T & J

T & J Read Only Funster

I have seen the above vehicle, old vehilce but in fab condition. Interior immaculate, so much so looks as though it has all been done with new leather....though it has not, it's original. Transverse bed, great lounge area good wash room, garage etc. Big vehicle, but that does not concern me, spent 20 years driving vehicles 40 ft long, so not worried about that. Any views, good bad, buy it avoid it? All views most welcome...please!

2. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

What happened to your Bailey? I thought I recognised your Avatar, last thing we heard that was causing you all sorts of grief, is this going to be its replacement? :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  3. jtp890

jtp890 Funster

Now on second Dethleffs, quality and durability excellent. Uk owners club gives good back up as UK agent Downham,s not interested unless you buy from them.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Scotties

Scotties Funster Life Member

Owned by Hymer, rock solid. We had one for six years the only thing to go wrong was a Thetford valve. As long as you pick the right layout the van should never let you down. You'll love it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. homercostello

homercostello Funster

We bought a 2004 Dethleffs and we cannot fault the build quality. Its in better condition than some of the more recent ones we have viewed at the shows from other manufacturers. You cannot beat the Germans on build quality.

• Like Like x 1
  6. T & J

T & J Read Only Funster

We have bought it! Waiting for deliver, week Friday. From what i've seen (?) we are very happy with it. Had the engine re-mapped and few other toys added. Ill keep you posted. Bailey has now been sold.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JimboT

JimboT Funster

Any parts use Chris at Premier great service don't bother with owners club joined waste of time!
    Jim

• Like Like x 1
  8. T & J

T & J Read Only Funster

Had the dethleff a while now and are delighted with it. Out for the whole of next week, all been good so far. The bailey we had was brand new, the Dethleff was second hand. Too be frank, knowing what i know now, don't think i'd have bought a new one at all. The build quality is just so, so much better. Once again, very happy with it.