LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You have been totally negative about my healthy food cultivation since the off, Mr Snowbird. This has been noted by my people in the relevant department.

Each lettuce is carefully reared to mature at the right date to match the supply of burgers, tomatos and bacon.

Yummy yummy.

JJ :cool:

At there rate of growth you may have one ready for Christmas salad, but dont invite friends, there wont be enough to go round.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
If a vegan/vegetarian came to my house for a meal I would be expected to make them a vegan/vegetarian meal. So if I went to their house for a meal would they make me a meal including meat? Would they bollocks. What's the difference? They are just being fashionable and awkward mostly.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I have personal permission from the nice @movan to take the mick a little bit, so.....

When a veggie eats meat for the first time does she lose her veg-inity?

"Vegetarian" is an old American Indian word meaning "crap at hunting".

Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?

If it's wrong to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
We are not vegan, but my son and family are, other grandson is galactosaemic, so no dairy for him. Do always hava a look when out and about there are more options available now than in 2010 but mainly in the larger/more popular places. Not sure about eating out, mercadona in Spain sells soya milk and I am sure I have seen tofu there too.
will take note when we go later.

I managed to buy coconut milk yogurt in Real supermarkets in Germany. Soya milk seemed prevalent and there's a 'Boots' type shop ( begins with H, but cannot remember the damn name' but they sell a variety of grains, nuts, seeds etc. Will ask my son what it's called and get back to you. This was Germany and Poland in the main. We weren't anywhere else long enough to need to shop. H my foot....the shop is called Rossman

Last edited:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I am not a vegetarian but know people who are. I understand many vegetarians don't eat meat because of animal welfare issues, similarly vegans won't use animal products at all. If they feel so strongly about these issues, do they actually do anything to improve animal welfare apart from not eating them I wonder. I have heard of the animal liberation front but thats about it.
They are the ones that raided a local mink farm and released the enslaved animals that went out and massacred the local wildlife for many years until the all got caught or killed, how does that help animals?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Another genuine question that baffles me , vegans don't do wool or leather or anything to do with animals , how do they do hotel beds, car seats, or countless things I could mention but would just get confusing.
Do they have to find out all these things before they get on a bus or train, or offices and cafes and that.
Edit , how do horses fit , do they ride?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
They are the ones that raided a local mink farm and released the enslaved animals that went out and massacred the local wildlife for many years until the all got caught or killed, how does that help animals?
Still many mink on the loose,,BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Another genuine question that baffles me , vegans don't do wool or leather or anything to do with animals , how do they do hotel beds, car seats, or countless things I could mention but would just get confusing.
Do they have to find out all these things before they get on a bus or train, or offices and cafes and that.

Do they listen to or play the violin,,(cat gut) or use a shaving brush (badger hair) It must be a minefield. Me i eat absolutely anything,,,BUSBY.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

In my daughter-in-law's case yes, she does check. She is totally OCD about being vegetarian, she used to be vegan but became seriously ill due to diet deficiency. I know many vegans are healthy but she wasn't / isn't. She has serious health problems due to dietary deficiencies as does the lady next door who has been vegetarian all her life.

Daughter-in-law won't use plates, cutlery or pans if she even thinks they have been near meat.

If you chose to be vegetarian or vegan that is your choice / belief and you should not be ridiculed or mocked for that choice, but (always a but) please be aware that you do have to monitor what you eat to ensure you have a balanced diet and don't get sick due to lifestyle choices.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Should not really take the micky but they can't wear Donkey Jackets or a Camel Coat,,,BUSBY.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Why not eggs or honey.....as long as they are cared for and you can't get more free range than a honey bee!

Because they are animal products.

Like I said the strict ones won't wear wool or leather either.

I don't know why, it doesn't make any sense to me either.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
No good for a vegan,,don't think they can have a SILK PURSE even,,,BUSBY.
In that case you could go as far as not eating any plant that has been grown in ground that has had animal fertiliser on it! Then there are also the plants being fertilised by the Bee's that make the honey they can't eat.
We are hunters, look at where our eyes are for heavens sake........then look at where the eyes are on prey animals....yes I know a Lion would happily eat us, but the general rule still applies.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
If a vegan/vegetarian came to my house for a meal I would be expected to make them a vegan/vegetarian meal. So if I went to their house for a meal would they make me a meal including meat? Would they bollocks. What's the difference? They are just being fashionable and awkward mostly.

At 10 yrs old I did not give a shit about fashion.. was lucky to have clothes on my back. I did care about animals and humanity. .. the difference is that you COULD come to my house and bring your dead flesh and you cook it and I would hope I could do likewise with my veggie burger at yours.
PETA Uk work for the ethical treatment of animals including animals reared for meat .. they organise protests to Governments for example against lamb tail docking, halal killing, bear baiting for tourist entertainment, over fishing of our seas by foreign countries in a destructive way, skinning alive of dogs and cats for tourist nicknacks (that the outer Uk branch), use of animals by ..e.g. Estee Lauder.. for testing for make-up. ... the list goes on.

Do not now interpret my silence on this thread as you have got one up on me .. I have so often said my beliefs fall on deaf ears on this forum and I don't spout them .. I don't ask any of you to justify taking of life for food I just get on with my religion, my beliefs and way of life without pushing it on you .. it really would be nice if acceptance was a two way thing and a sensible thread question like this one was, didn't turn into a knocking of the minority members.

My last word on this thread.. I would like to make it a stronger one ..than one.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
A chap I work with is vegan and he is always ill.

Just saying like.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thank you @movan I did expect this level of reply so am not overly upset.
I am on this forum for the excellence of knowledge about motorhomes and for that I am very grateful as I have been rescued from many scrapes. I did hope to get a couple of serious answers which I did. :)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
My last word on this thread.. I would like to make it a stronger one ..than one.

I think than being vegan or vegetarian is a separate subject from animal cruelty, so I have to agree with Joy on the subject of cruelty. Zero tolerance, no human has the right to be cruel to an animal.
I am not vegetarian so obviously not vegan, but live & let live.
My mother in law (now in her 80s)) has been vegetarian for most of her life & I admire the way she clung onto her beliefs, it can't have been easy being vegetarian when she was young & some members of her close family were incredibly cruel in the comments made about her beliefs. They told her mother that she'd never grow to adulthood & tried to force her to eat Xmas meat dinner or not be allowed to leave the table until he's eaten meat. It was her farmer uncle telling her that the meat on the table was the calves that she's been cuddling the previous day that turned her! What a way to treat an impressionable child.
Upshot is that we all have the right to choose our beliefs.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Each to their own and respect to all. If a vegan came to tea I would do my best to serve a vegan meal for us all.....after all, we want our guests to be comfortable in our home......don't we? And, I admire the convictions that keep you following a strict diet for whatever reasons.

It would be an interesting exercise to cook vegan for a day. But I reckon I could do it. I would cook the following

Homemade vegetable soup,
Vegan vegetable and lentil shepherds pie
Fruit salad

How does that sound?

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Each to their own and respect to all. If a vegan came to tea I would do my best to serve a vegan meal for us all.....after all, we want our guests to be comfortable in our home......don't we? And, I admire the convictions that keep you following a strict diet for whatever reasons.

It would be an interesting exercise to cook vegan for a day. But I reckon I could do it. I would cook the following

Homemade vegetable soup,
Vegan vegetable and lentil shepherds pie
Fruit salad

How does that sound?
What does a vegan shepherd do?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries