Any vantage neo or sol owners? (1 Viewer)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi, we spent a lot of time with scot and Jane at the NEC, we hope to purchase a neo, however, I've read on other (less helpful and fun) forums that the longer length van is harder to reverse. Also that the insulation of these vans is not too good.
Are there any neo or sol owners here who could advise us?
The neo is on a fiat long wheel base at 6.4 mtrs the sol is 6.0mtrs.
Appreciate any help.

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Have a Neo. 2 years. Love it.
Looked both Sol & Neo.
Chose Neo for the extra work top & larder.
Reversing not a problem after the first few times. After all there is only 0.4 metres difference.
We camp all year round including a Christmas in the snow. Stayed warm enough and nothing froze.
Pm me if you have more detailed questions
Paul

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I have a 6.5 metre Hymer and fitted a twin lens camera from . With the reversing camera you will have no problems at all. I went for the twin lens system as I can have the monitor on permanently when driving which is a big help.

Not difficult to install yourself if you are reasonably handy.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for that, vantage charge £450 for reversing camera and monitor, we are trying to not get carried away with 'extras', but with a tricky drive into our property it may become a 'must have'.
Or I could get my "do one job make three" lovely husband on to it! :Doh:

Paul, no doubt we will be plaguing you now! Glad its warm, we want an automatic and there is a 6 month lead time on those, we are going up to Leeds next month to discuss some changes, I like the larger work surface, however we will be loosing some space there as we need a 6'5" bed on that side, this will be the first time I've silently cursed my OH height!

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I'm a big fan of the Vantage van conversions although I haven't owned one.

The build and finish looks superb - in fact a lot of my build is very similar to the Sol.

If I could have bought a van "off the shelf" it would have been a Vantage without any doubt but in my case I need a level of electricery that isn't available on standard motorhomes.

My Dad is thinking of down-sizing to a van conversion, we must have spent almost an hour in the Sol and Neo at the NEC.

With regard to reversing camera's, if your happy to fit them yourself, you can get a set of two camera's and a 7" monitor from Ebay for about £70 from memory. This is what I did and had one pointing straight behind the van and one further down the road.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Us Too!!

Hi, we have the Neo and are very pleased with it. The insulation is very good but cannot compete with a coachbuilt van. We use ours all year round and would make 2 recommendations, have the rear door seal from Scot and seal off the roof light over the kitchen, the warm air rises and escapes!! We use a piece of memory foam cut to fit the aperture. Regarding the comments on other forums, if is the one who claims that all British made products are useless, take it with a big pinch of salt. I have reversing sensors on mine which means that I can listen whilst looking in the wing mirrors. Feel free to pm me if you need more info.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back