Any Tyrepal experts out there?

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by colyoung, Jan 21, 2014.

1. colyoung

colyoung Read Only Funster

I fitted a Tyrepal today but not really sure if it's working correctly.Could anyone please advise on the following.
    Do the sensors have a sleep mode to conserve battery power?If so what is required to wake them up?
    should the display always have all four pressure values showing at all times,even when the display has just woken up?Any advice appreciated before I send it back.

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

from tyrepals website.....

Automatic battery saving technology shuts down the system (both monitor and sensors) when the vehicle is stationary.

sounds like they are motion activated.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

If they didn't switch off when stationary the batteries wouldn't last long as they would be constantly sending a signal. They wake when they've been spinning a while. I've heard quite a few stories about sticky ones that don't always turn on though. If that's the case I'm sure they'll swap them out for you.

4. colyoung

colyoung Read Only Funster

Cheers Jim.I haven't actually drove it with the sensors fitted so that may well be it.When I just popped back it it woke up but only the front right wheel had a figure next to it the other three were just blank.They did have a couple of hours ago when I fitted them though.

5. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

My front off side valve doesn't seem to want to show itself despite swopping the sensor with one which was working on another wheel - I suspected a dodgy tyre valve but reading this thread Im not sure now

6. womblevra

womblevra Read Only Funster

Had these fitted to our last van
    sometimes signal between tyre sensor and receiver is lost
    they go blank even when moving unless they sense a problem.
    Sometimes they give a false warning when town driving(due to the excessive accelerating and braking this causes) or when you stop for evening.
    This is apparantly due to the sudden change in Temperature or pressure that this causes making the tyre pal think its sensed a problem