alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Thanks alfandM. Sweden is a lovely country, if you can handle the mygg.
We are staying here until 14 August, we like Piteå Dans och Ler and Stora Nolia.
Then south I think.
Do you live over here?
Hi again just caught up with the thread as we have been away on our travels,yes we live full time here,we live in a lovely part of Ragunda kommune and No mygg,so if your ever over this way give us a pm and drop in if we are home,enjoy your time in Peteå , regards AlfandM.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
,we live in a lovely part of Ragunda kommune
Leaving tomorrow & heading in your direction, but will stop well short on this trip. We are going to drive (slowly) all the way, the only ferry being Dover - Dunkirk. Planning to take at least a week to reach Halmstad & then Gotherburg, to visit relatives. A week or 10 days there, then we'll wander a bit further north west, have a look at the Gota canal before turning back south again & a meander back through Denmark, a few days in France before crossing the ditch just in time for the Train rally in Kent.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi The caller,you should enjoy The Götene Canal many lovely spots to camp beside the canal, we shall be down in Skara from 7th till the 14th August visiting also family and back home around the 18th after a nice slow travel back so if your any where near to us perhaps we can arrange a meet ,always fun to meet more funsters, so enjoy your travels and hope the sun shines on you whilst in Sweden, Regards AlfandM.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
we shall be down in Skara from 7th till the 14th August
Not sure we will be that far north without having gone east first. I have a vague plan to go east first of all, to go round the southern end of the lake at Jonkoping, then north to the Borensberg area. But in any event, we will be tied to the Lerum & Floda area until around the 14th. OH will want to make the most of the grandchildren before they go back to school!

We'll see what happens - I'll let you know if plans change. You will only be about 100km away from us in any event.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Ok i can see , we hope you enjoy your self's around those area's, and with your family and grandchildren, Regards Alfand Marianne.

Janp

Free Member
Aug 19, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
HI We went to all four countries just wish we had snow tyres!!!!
We had a fab time , I am ocd about packing and the garage underneath the MH looked like" Tesco's" but oh how glad I was as food was expensive but interesting .We crossed the artic circle twice,( my dear husband cursed me.... he did all the driving and we had snow) as It was my trip of a life time and I had always wanted to go to Scandinavia for at least 58 years .We went thro Germany and came back that way , we used a fantastic ferry from Stockholm and they welcomed our naughty westie !! I have a really funny tale about him and the ferry but will save that one for another time( as I am very new to this site.) We went to the Northern Cape when we managed to get stuck in a snow drift , thank goodness for snow ploughs as the sheer drops on each side of the road were Very hairy, as was the vintage car rally that was on the road the same time trying to get past us in snow.They didn't make it to the North cape they all turned around ...we sat and watched them whilst doing that very British thing of having a cup of tea while the snow plough came . We had an amazing time , the MH was new and it was our first trip we don't do things by halves. Wild camping was at times difficult but everyone was very tolerant of us and made us welcome.....and we went to see Santa Claus....and yes he is there in May !!! Would I do it again ..you bet in a heartbeat ,I didn't add up what we spent sorry ,I decided as it was to be a holiday of a lifetime and after 90 yrs of work between us then we deserved it. We used ferries and bridges and yes I guess they were probably expensive but as we waited for one we saw seals swimming , the scenery was breath-taking and we saw the midnight sun .I could go on forever but all I can say is ENJOY ENJOY

Aug 5, 2012
Hitchin
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 644.
Exp
since 1970's
Hi we traveled to Denmark via the Hook of Holland last June on a day crossing at £102 .00 a lot cheaper than a night crossing.The trip through Holland and Germany in to Denmark is very easy with some nice stop offs on the waterways.
We are looking at a trip to the other three countries up there but still don't know the best time for weather midges etc.

Snowbirds.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Hi we traveled to Denmark via the Hook of Holland last June on a day crossing at £102 .00 a lot cheaper than a night crossing.The trip through Holland and Germany in to Denmark is very easy with some nice stop offs on the waterways.
We are looking at a trip to the other three countries up there but still don't know the best time for weather midges etc.

Snowbirds.
The other 3 countries also have another factor to consider.....motorhomers!!!
I went to all 3 in May/June and particularly in the Lofoten islands it was hotting up with motorhomers around a lot. I imagine the experience of going during the summer holidays rammed with MH's makes it more difficult (including the driving on those narrow roads) all round.
Mozzies were OKMay/June in Norway & Sweden but bad in Finland.....1.5 litres of mozzies per person....but when you consider that there is some parts of northern Finland with only 1.5 persons per KM in some areas thats not so bad is it?? But if you want to camp near wilderness thats the price. Southern Finland less mozzies but more tuggers :cheers:

fred flintstone

Free Member
Jul 12, 2016
lincoln
Funster No
MH
Pilote P690
Exp
Since 2007 on and off
We always slept under Stora Baelt bridge at the Nyborg turn off in Denmark. Been there for last 10 years, very nice next to sea.
Last year we were in a little Autosleeper Harmony.
Woke up at 3am to 3 big guys trying to open the drivers door.
Scared us half to death.
The van at the side of me had left his coat and shoes out because they were wet but they were gone next morning.
Always felt safe before this.
Now I stop near Kiel...hope that is safer. Who knows? (n)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back