Any Suggestions for a south coast overnight spot? (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Morning All. Hope you're enjoying this beautiful weather :Cool:

I have a plan.

The plan is that on saturday I shall replace the rotten crossmember on the van with the shiny new one I hammerited in preparation last night.

Assuming all goes well, I'm thinking of just taking it down to the coast for an overnighter somewhere.

I have a hankering to see the sea, have some fish and chips and watch the sun go down over the water. Sleep over, then head home in the morning.

Any suggestions for some nice overnight spots? I don't want to be travelling too far - just thinking drive straight down from Basingstoke until I see the sea :) So anywhere from west of Southampton to Poole kind of area.

Cheers :Smile:

Jamie.

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Hayling Island car park near pub on front think you can stay overnight not sure of charge someone will tell you later I am sure

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
cliff top carpark at highcliffe or more rural at Hordle. we watched the big eclipse from hordle cliffs, as it gave an uninterupted view of the english channel at the western end of the solent. If you want fantastic fish and chips, you would struggle to beat milford on sea. Buy dinner at the edge of the village green and then turn left and immediate right to take you to the sea front. Always several vans enjoying the location:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jamieBG
Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Thanks you two for the suggestions, and those that messaged their super secret spots :winky::winky:

Have just returned - you can find out where I opted for when I post up about my first solo trip out with the van ::bigsmile:

PS. As far as the crossmember replacement plan went, it didn't! I started to get the bolts undone from the old one until, until one of the captive nuts came off leaving me with a spinny bolt; and a second didn't feel too clever - so I opted to do the bolts back up and stick with the old one for a bit until I can get it into a workshop and sort it. Not doing very well with seized Broken Link Removedof late!

But I took some small victory in re-routing the cold air hoses so I no longer get diesel fumey air through my cold blower; and replacing the grey water tap so I can actually shut it off now.:thumb:

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it is fun owning a motor home as you have found

Thanks you two for the suggestions, and those that messaged their super secret spots :winky::winky:

Have just returned - you can find out where I opted for when I post up about my first solo trip out with the van ::bigsmile:

PS. As far as the crossmember replacement plan went, it didn't! I started to get the bolts undone from the old one until, until one of the captive nuts came off leaving me with a spinny bolt; and a second didn't feel too clever - so I opted to do the bolts back up and stick with the old one for a bit until I can get it into a workshop and sort it. Not doing very well with seized Broken Link Removedof late!

But I took some small victory in re-routing the cold air hoses so I no longer get diesel fumey air through my cold blower; and replacing the grey water tap so I can actually shut it off now.:thumb:

As you now know it is a lot of fun owning a motor home.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Blush:

OP
OP
jamieBG
Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
As you now know it is a lot of fun owning a motor home.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Blush:

So true Bob. So true! ::bigsmile:

I always have fun with the van, even if it's being a bit of a pain!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back