Any Suggestions for a south coast overnight spot?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by jimothy, May 23, 2012.

1. jimothy

jimothy Read Only Funster

Morning All. Hope you're enjoying this beautiful weather :Cool:

I have a plan.

The plan is that on saturday I shall replace the rotten crossmember on the van with the shiny new one I hammerited in preparation last night.

Assuming all goes well, I'm thinking of just taking it down to the coast for an overnighter somewhere.

I have a hankering to see the sea, have some fish and chips and watch the sun go down over the water. Sleep over, then head home in the morning.

Any suggestions for some nice overnight spots? I don't want to be travelling too far - just thinking drive straight down from Basingstoke until I see the sea :) So anywhere from west of Southampton to Poole kind of area.

Cheers :Smile:

Jamie.

2. Les

Les Funster

Hayling Island car park near pub on front think you can stay overnight not sure of charge someone will tell you later I am sure

3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

cliff top carpark at highcliffe or more rural at Hordle. we watched the big eclipse from hordle cliffs, as it gave an uninterupted view of the english channel at the western end of the solent. If you want fantastic fish and chips, you would struggle to beat milford on sea. Buy dinner at the edge of the village green and then turn left and immediate right to take you to the sea front. Always several vans enjoying the location:thumb:

4. jimothy

Thanks you two for the suggestions, and those that messaged their super secret spots :Wink::Wink:

Have just returned - you can find out where I opted for when I post up about my first solo trip out with the van :BigGrin:

PS. As far as the crossmember replacement plan went, it didn't! I started to get the bolts undone from the old one until, until one of the captive nuts came off leaving me with a spinny bolt; and a second didn't feel too clever - so I opted to do the bolts back up and stick with the old one for a bit until I can get it into a workshop and sort it. Not doing very well with seized captive nuts of late!

But I took some small victory in re-routing the cold air hoses so I no longer get diesel fumey air through my cold blower; and replacing the grey water tap so I can actually shut it off now.:thumb:

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  5. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

it is fun owning a motor home as you have found

As you now know it is a lot of fun owning a motor home.:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Bob:Blush:

6. jimothy

So true Bob. So true! :BigGrin:

I always have fun with the van, even if it's being a bit of a pain!