Any suggestions for a route Gower and wales (1 Viewer)

cookingfat

Free Member
Apr 25, 2010
British West Hartlepool
Funster No
Exp
brand new
Hello fellow motorhomers, travelling from British West Hartlepool early next week with wife and dogs, first night Chester. Then probably Welshpool, we would love a touring route/suggestions for south west wales.

Also any suggested sites (dog friendly) and good sea fishing car parks, places, (mackerel spinning). We only have 10 days so want to make the most of it.

Just while I'm on anyone know of any good folk clubs or festivals in the area over the next couple of weeks.

UP THE WORKERS!

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome to FUN

sorry cant help with the welsh route but no doubt some of our welsh members will be able to

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
Chester, is a good starting point the zoo is worth a visit. my first stop coming from your direction, I would go is port merion, the place where the original programme of the prisoner was made, well worth a visit, plenty of camp sites have a google, not used any so cant recommend.

from there you can drive down the coast, barmmouth, aberystwyth, New Quay ( the welsh one) :roflmto:, cardigan, then down to pembroke, st davids is nice, then Tenby very much for the tourist, most of this coast line is good for fishing, mackerel all the way down.

from that direction you can drive the coast all the way to the gower, be warned a few narrow roads, but lots to see along the way, pendine sands where they do speed trials on the beach, then there is Laugharne, where Dylan thomas the poet had a home, called the boat house, another google job if you have not heard of him, fair size car park here for a visit, not sure about stop overs, but plenty of site along this route.

The Gower is 2 miles from me across the estuary, again for campsites have a google, there are 2 at port eynon, one right beside the beach, with rocks for spinning off, we dont do the gower this time of year too many tourists with caravans and motorhomes:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hope this helps and enjoy wales

Nick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

cookingfat

Free Member
Apr 25, 2010
British West Hartlepool
Funster No
Exp
brand new
Winger, Thanks for that, I am a wee bit worried about narrow roads but commons sense will prevail.

Notice your into BIKES, current owner of 2005 Triumph TIGER and 1998 Transalp. I'll leave the motorbike at home and settle for a pedal bike.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Hope the weather is better for you next week as it is "welsh rain" at the moment here !:rain::helptitanic:

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Welcome

HI AND WELCOME TO THE FUN JUST GOT HOME YESTERDAY FROM SOUTH WALES WE WENT TO THE MUMBLES AND WORMS HEAD ON THE GOWER ITS BEAUTIFUL ALSO THE BRECON BEACONS WILL BE ON MY PORT OF CALL NEXT TIME I AM IN WALES :Smile:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
We're heading that way after Shepton, Gower and round and up a bit, can't wait, narrow roads, pa! just move them sheep aside 28ft MH comeing through:Blush:

Wales, concider yourself warned:ROFLMAO:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
if you are going to the Brecon Beacons call in at the Iron age village, dinosour park and National show caves at Dan- yr-Ogof. google national show caves for full details. Be sure to get here early or you will miss some of the caves. The kids will love it and so will you.

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
Winger, Thanks for that, I am a wee bit worried about narrow roads but commons sense will prevail.

Notice your into BIKES, current owner of 2005 Triumph TIGER and 1998 Transalp. I'll leave the motorbike at home and settle for a pedal bike.

The only bad bit of road is from pendine to tenby after that its fine.

Bikes oh yes 38 years, I sold the one in my avata, after 8 years, I fancied and 60 triumph ended up with a 28 year old 1100 goldwing with 38,000 miles on it, best bit its taxed and got a MOT. its in bits at the moment, for a deep clean and check over, off in the van for 2 weeks so it will have to wait.

We may see you at shepton we have not decided yet.

Nick

micky drip

Free Member
Jul 4, 2012
mid wales
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
5 years
I live in Aberystwyth. If you like to wild camp you will not be disapointed with the South promenade, it`s on the seafront but away from the bustle of the main prom and walking distance to town centre shops,pubs and restaurants.

Best way to get there is to follow signs to seafront, look for the war memorial at castle point. Wild camp below castle wall. Dont park at pay and display near the harbour, this will cost you £18

Have fun

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back