Any suggested sites in Porto this time of year?

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by campa cola, Feb 14, 2016.

1. campa cola

campa cola Funster

Having looked in my camperstop 2016 and Aires book looks like all the Porto campsites are shut?? Motorhome parking suggests 2 (service less) Aires in Porto itself one at the 'haunted house' location, cais do cavaco and one at rua do ouro. Anyone tried these ???

2. keith

keith Funster

Our experience is that Northern Portugal is pretty well closed to holidaymakers at this time of year. We have on other years tried to work our way up Portugal in early April finding most camp sites are closed.
    I don't now of the ones you mention but have found other aires and the like also closed, they just don't expect anyone to be around this early in the season.
    Maybe a bit better this year as Easter is early.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jtp890

jtp890 Funster

Stayed last year near airport on coast, sure its listed in ACSI or CCC, excellent resturant and walking distance to small resort and beach. Stayed one night at haunted house, no problem 5 or 6 vans on site, fair walk into Porto, but you do pass most of the port houses. We visited late April 15

• Like Like x 1
  4. campa cola

campa cola Funster

Hope so , Well so far I have found The municipal campsite at Braga was at least open :) €11 Inc leccy. I also stayed at the aire in Vila Nova De Cerveria nr the Spanish border it was open with services and a few other vans.(y)

5. campa cola

campa cola Funster

Thanks for that, (y)they are not in the new ACSI book as far as I can see, which by my recent experience may mean they have dumped the scheme but not the ACSI logo on their website!!!! Its not clear if they are open but sent them a mail. Thanks again.:)