Any Solo's interested intravelling to France/Spain early. September. (1 Viewer)

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
HI, which part of Portugal are you in? Are you wild camping or on a site? I'm thinking of going down to Portugal after Christmas fora couple of weeks.

Hi I am in Portimao at the moment on a site. It seems to me the wild camping sites are car parks with nothing on them or even scrub land. I think I would sooner camp than just park. Then I can put out my slides, level the unit and sit outside with a drink. I am going to look at wild camping sites if I come across them but at the moment it's only parking areas I have seen. This site is just a large car parking area but it has water, food, bar, washing machines, toilets and people. Tomorrow I am off west to Lagos and to the fare west on a sightseeing trip. On the way I will call in other wild parking and sites to see them, if I like them I will move to them next week. I am back to the uk for Christmas and New year by jet. When I come back in January I am off to Spain to see what they have. At the moment I am really finding it difficult to see the attraction of wild parking, wild camping I think could be good when I find a place you can do it. I have a 5th wheeler so just going down a track to see what is at the end is out and parking just on the road is not a good place to be as I would not be able to use my unit as it's intended to be used. As thing are I can disconnect my truck and do some sightseeing without having to move everyday. The people I have met that like wild parking/camping like me having a truck as they can come with me on the trips without having to move there Motorhome all the time. So when you get hear I will be in the uk or in January going to Spain.

D

DL42846

Deleted User
I'm thinking Jan/Feb time as that is the time I hate most here. I will wait and see what the weather is doing nearer the time. Stopping in a car park doesn't sound like much fun, especially if your on your own. Think I would prefer a site plus you should have a bit more security.
I didn't know what a 5th Wheeler was till I just looked it up. I can see the problems you might encounter. I find mine quiet large enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
I'm thinking Jan/Feb time as that is the time I hate most here. I will wait and see what the weather is doing nearer the time. Stopping in a car park doesn't sound like much fun, especially if your on your own. Think I would prefer a site plus you should have a bit more security.

Yes a car park is not a nice place to stay so a camp site is a much better location to stay I would say. As you say security is a good point and it is better on a camp site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
vwt4 trident 1995 hightop
Exp
5 years
sonia, you arent readi
I have not travelled abroad before as I am new to this way of life. Was wondering if there are any solos interested in having company to travel along in early September, approx 4 weeks.
ng threds, i have been asking the same thing, but not early september as its still pretty hot, i want to stay away a few months. the ffloras are going on september 2nd. i thought you were going with them?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
sonia, you arent readi
ng threds, i have been asking the same thing, but not early september as its still pretty hot, i want to stay away a few months. the ffloras are going on september 2nd. i thought you were going with them?
I apologise if you know but this thread was last year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back