Any Solo's interested intravelling to France/Spain early. September. (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
I have not travelled abroad before as I am new to this way of life. Was wondering if there are any solos interested in having company to travel along in early September, approx 4 weeks.

Jun 22, 2012
Ebbw Vale Gwent
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9048df A class
Exp
seven
Hi Alfieplustwo

I would have joined you but unfortunately September is a little early for me this year, I have only returned back to the UK two weeks ago after a three-week trip to Benidorm.
I hope you fine some one to join you as its lonely on you’re own.
If you are interested I have a spreadsheet with safe stops and coordinates with accompanying info to Benidorm or down as far as Almieramar.
If you send me an email address I will get a copy off to you if it helps.
When I’ve tried to send it via the forum it get distorted.
Regards
Ray

OP
OP
Alfieplustwo
Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
Hi Hyrocel. Thanks for replying, I appreciate what you say and I'm sure that someone will go.Anyway this is my email address. Look forward to your reply and wherever your going enjoy and have a safe journey. You never know we might meet at a rally or something, Sonia.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Micro campervan
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Sonia, I sent you an e-mail at the e-mail address you gave me earlier this week about this!
Audrey

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Hello Alfieplustwo
Have you seen the Twin Lakes meet in France?
It might be a start if you can contact others who are going.
One of my ambitions is to travel abroad as I am also a female solo traveller but not this year as I only got the m/h in April and still learning.
Have you seen the post from daved2524? I met him at the Bagwell rally he's a nice man looking for travel partners.
Good luck I hope you fulfil your ambition.
Mimi

OP
OP
Alfieplustwo
Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
He'll Mimi. Am I correct in thinking that you have just joined if so I can tell you that you won't be disappointed. I've had so much help and so many laughs it's amazing.I haven't had much time to look at the twin Lakes meet in France but I will try, I get so confused with this. Carol and Ed were kind enough to show me at Hartlepool but now I'm back home confused again. look forward to meeting you and I'm determined to go abroad I love the sunshine. Sonia.

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Hi Alfieplustwo
Hi Sonia, if you go into scheduled rallies and look for Twin Lakes you will find it there.
I tried to copy the link but wasn't sure how to do it.
I have been on the forum at least a year now but only got my m/h in April this year.
I met Bridget, Joy and Penny at Bagwell last month so grateful for their company they really made me welcome.
I will be at the Norfolk meet next week then the Western show, I'm looking forward to meeting more like-minded solos.
Sylvia.

OP
OP
Alfieplustwo
Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
Hi Joy, thanks for the info. Sorry you weren't at Hartlepool it was so good, maybe see you at Malvern or I've noticed your going to Pembrey country park I've just tried to book. Sonia

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
sometime come September I am going to Europe for 5 months starting France then Spain, Portugal and back, spent many years driving HGV in Europe so have the experience, first time with a MH so its going to be new to me as well with a MH, wife wants to stay home she likes her home comforts and she says I am hard work anyway :D , be careful who you mix with Alfieplustwo might see you somewhere I have no set plans

OP
OP
Alfieplustwo
Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
Hi crabman, I'm sure you will enjoy your MH I know that you will meet some interesting people. I met someone at one of the rally's whose going to France and Spain in November for 5 months but because I've never drove abroad and because I don't want to be away for that amount of time I'm hoping to meet a few people who are willing to go abroad for a short period go there and return the same time. The thought of going across Europe and getting lost is so frightening. I'm new to all this travelling each journey I make is an achievement. Anyway good luck and you never know we may bump into each other at a rally.I joined the Motorhome fun group recently and have met some wonderful people who have helped me considerably with problems with my van. Check the site out you can't go wrong. Take care.

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Alfiepplustwo, you have a sat nav I take it, I was driving Europe in the days when a paper map was a luxury :LOL:, try getting lost in a 15 mtr tuck when you cant turn around, lol it's hell as any truck driver will tell you, these days drivers don't know they are born, take the wife for instance she sure is good at pushing the car when I run out or petrol :D no wonder she does not want to come with me, fancy her calling me hard work its just not on, lol

OP
OP
Alfieplustwo
Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
Hi Silvia, sorry I haven't been on the site sometimes I think that I've cracked it then other times I can't get it right. however I will be at Malvern so hopefully see you there. It's always nice to meet new people wherever you go especially if your in your own.

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Yes, looking forward to meeting others on their own.
Also to all the postings I've read about your trip with a certain gentleman made interesting reading.
See you at Malvern, safe travels.
Sylvia

OP
OP
Alfieplustwo
Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
Hi Audrey, I've just got into this by accident as usual but cannot remember getting a email. Will you be at the Malvern show if so perhaps we can talk about it, am I assuming it's about going abroad.

OP
OP
Alfieplustwo
Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
Hi Silvia, That certain gentleman will make someone a good husband. Hes a very nice man.He's wife only passed away last year I believe.take no notice of those flora ladies they like winding you up but nicely.I've been on my own now for 4 yrs and I quite like it.ive had enough of men telling me what to do, it is sometimes difficult on your own but we get thru don't we.see you at Malvern.x

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Hello Alfieplustwo
In total agreement with you on that score regarding men.
I think we women are so much better coping on our own.
See you at Malvern.
Sylvia.

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Alfieplustwo - just wondered if you've firmed up your plans for autumn/winter travel yet?
I travelled the coastline of Spain & Portugal/Duoro/Picos in 2014/15 - marvelous 5,000 miles!
I want to go again this year - perhaps not so many miles this time. I went over to Tangier too just for the day, but quite an experience.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi Sonia, don't forget you'll need the dogs chipped, vaccinated and their own passports if you're crossing The Channel (y)

OP
OP
Alfieplustwo
Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
Hello jockaneezer, don't know your real name. Thanks for info , yes both my dogs are chipped and have passports, They've had them from day one. Looking forward to going abroad.

OP
OP
Alfieplustwo
Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
Hi mophead, I may have found someone wanting to go in a couple of weeks time another lady on her own so watch this space. It may only be for a week or so don't quite now all the details yet.Shes been across the channel before its new to me and there so much I need to learn, little frightened but if I don't do I will never learn. Thanks for your reply.x

JMac

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I am New to this
Hi Alfieplustwo, I am new to everything about motorhome travel. Still have to get my van but I am planning on travelling through France, to Northern Spain and then down to Portugal. Probably around the 2nd week in October, this may be too late for you but if there is anyone else who may be interested around that date then perhaps we could hook up somewhere along the way.

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Alfieplustwo/JMac - just wondering how this trip is panning out? I'm still keen to go & saw that a few are going to Cambrils following the Twin Lakes hol, but I think this is too early for me at the moment - knee issues to be treated.
If anyone is going later though?
I'll keep watching the thread.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
I have not travelled abroad before as I am new to this way of life. Was wondering if there are any solos interested in having company to travel along in early September, approx 4 weeks.

Hi did you get to travel overseas or are you still thinking about it? I am in Portugal and loving it.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@daved2524 - due to a change in personal circumstances Sonia isn't posting much at present and hasn't been able to get away this Autumn, but hopefully next year.

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Hi did you get to travel overseas or are you still thinking about it? I am in Portugal and loving it.
HI, which part of Portugal are you in? Are you wild camping or on a site? I'm thinking of going down to Portugal after Christmas fora couple of weeks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back