Any Solo's interested intravelling to France/Spain early. September.

Discussion in 'Solo travellers' started by Alfieplustwo, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Alfieplustwo

Alfieplustwo Funster

I have not travelled abroad before as I am new to this way of life. Was wondering if there are any solos interested in having company to travel along in early September, approx 4 weeks.

2. Hydrocell

Hydrocell Funster

Hi Alfieplustwo

I would have joined you but unfortunately September is a little early for me this year, I have only returned back to the UK two weeks ago after a three-week trip to Benidorm.
    I hope you fine some one to join you as its lonely on you’re own.
    If you are interested I have a spreadsheet with safe stops and coordinates with accompanying info to Benidorm or down as far as Almieramar.
    If you send me an email address I will get a copy off to you if it helps.
    When I’ve tried to send it via the forum it get distorted.
    Regards
    Ray

3. Alfieplustwo

Alfieplustwo Funster

Hi Hyrocel. Thanks for replying, I appreciate what you say and I'm sure that someone will go.Anyway this is my email address. Look forward to your reply and wherever your going enjoy and have a safe journey. You never know we might meet at a rally or something, Sonia.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  4. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Hi Sonia
    Take your email off the forum ( edit button) and PM it to Ray. You don't want weirdos emailing you . (Just to be on the safe side )
    Bev

• Like Like x 4
  5. xgx

xgx Read Only Funster

Haven't subscribed as yet so can't use the PM facility, check your e-mail :wink:

6. Hydrocell

Hydrocell Funster

7. Hydrocell

Hydrocell Funster

You'll need to subscribe to get the information you're looking its worth every penny

8. audlin

audlin Funster

Hi Sonia, I sent you an e-mail at the e-mail address you gave me earlier this week about this!
    Audrey

9. Mimi

Mimi Funster

Hello Alfieplustwo
    Have you seen the Twin Lakes meet in France?
    It might be a start if you can contact others who are going.
    One of my ambitions is to travel abroad as I am also a female solo traveller but not this year as I only got the m/h in April and still learning.
    Have you seen the post from daved2524? I met him at the Bagwell rally he's a nice man looking for travel partners.
    Good luck I hope you fulfil your ambition.
    Mimi

10. Alfieplustwo

Alfieplustwo Funster

He'll Mimi. Am I correct in thinking that you have just joined if so I can tell you that you won't be disappointed. I've had so much help and so many laughs it's amazing.I haven't had much time to look at the twin Lakes meet in France but I will try, I get so confused with this. Carol and Ed were kind enough to show me at Hartlepool but now I'm back home confused again. look forward to meeting you and I'm determined to go abroad I love the sunshine. Sonia.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mimi

Mimi Funster

Hi Alfieplustwo
    Hi Sonia, if you go into scheduled rallies and look for Twin Lakes you will find it there.
    I tried to copy the link but wasn't sure how to do it.
    I have been on the forum at least a year now but only got my m/h in April this year.
    I met Bridget, Joy and Penny at Bagwell last month so grateful for their company they really made me welcome.
    I will be at the Norfolk meet next week then the Western show, I'm looking forward to meeting more like-minded solos.
    Sylvia.

12. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Hi sonia .. the lovely @daved2524 may be able to help re advice, etc. Joy

13. Alfieplustwo

Alfieplustwo Funster

Hi Joy, thanks for the info. Sorry you weren't at Hartlepool it was so good, maybe see you at Malvern or I've noticed your going to Pembrey country park I've just tried to book. Sonia

14. crabman

crabman Funster

sometime come September I am going to Europe for 5 months starting France then Spain, Portugal and back, spent many years driving HGV in Europe so have the experience, first time with a MH so its going to be new to me as well with a MH, wife wants to stay home she likes her home comforts and she says I am hard work anyway :D , be careful who you mix with Alfieplustwo might see you somewhere I have no set plans

15. Alfieplustwo

Alfieplustwo Funster

Hi crabman, I'm sure you will enjoy your MH I know that you will meet some interesting people. I met someone at one of the rally's whose going to France and Spain in November for 5 months but because I've never drove abroad and because I don't want to be away for that amount of time I'm hoping to meet a few people who are willing to go abroad for a short period go there and return the same time. The thought of going across Europe and getting lost is so frightening. I'm new to all this travelling each journey I make is an achievement. Anyway good luck and you never know we may bump into each other at a rally.I joined the Motorhome fun group recently and have met some wonderful people who have helped me considerably with problems with my van. Check the site out you can't go wrong. Take care.

16. crabman

crabman Funster

Alfiepplustwo, you have a sat nav I take it, I was driving Europe in the days when a paper map was a luxury :LOL:, try getting lost in a 15 mtr tuck when you cant turn around, lol it's hell as any truck driver will tell you, these days drivers don't know they are born, take the wife for instance she sure is good at pushing the car when I run out or petrol :D no wonder she does not want to come with me, fancy her calling me hard work its just not on, lol

17. Alfieplustwo

Alfieplustwo Funster

Hi Silvia, sorry I haven't been on the site sometimes I think that I've cracked it then other times I can't get it right. however I will be at Malvern so hopefully see you there. It's always nice to meet new people wherever you go especially if your in your own.

18. Mimi

Mimi Funster

Yes, looking forward to meeting others on their own.
    Also to all the postings I've read about your trip with a certain gentleman made interesting reading.
    See you at Malvern, safe travels.
    Sylvia

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Alfieplustwo

Alfieplustwo Funster

Hi Audrey, I've just got into this by accident as usual but cannot remember getting a email. Will you be at the Malvern show if so perhaps we can talk about it, am I assuming it's about going abroad.

20. Alfieplustwo

Alfieplustwo Funster

Hi Silvia, That certain gentleman will make someone a good husband. Hes a very nice man.He's wife only passed away last year I believe.take no notice of those flora ladies they like winding you up but nicely.I've been on my own now for 4 yrs and I quite like it.ive had enough of men telling me what to do, it is sometimes difficult on your own but we get thru don't we.see you at Malvern.x