Free Member
Dec 29, 2012
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
had a few yrs ago
Hi thinking of geting a romahome for me and wife, had big vans before lots of probs lol.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi and welcome.
I guess you are thinking of the small one. I looked at the version of the R20 Lo which was around about 5 years ago and the Autosleepers version which is the Mezan Lo Line. After spending some time thinking about the slight differences and the availability of servicing and parts in the midlands I went for the AS Mezan. It has proved very successful for me touring on my own and I have done some long trips in it but I am not convinced it would be big enough for 2 people for much more than a long weekend, if that.
Mike

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Isnt that the size of a Bambi?
There was a rally here the week before Christmas of 8 Bambi's and each had a couple in them and one had a full size normal wheelchair and a motorised wheelchair outside one of them lord knows where they kept them?
No toilets either in them so have to be near facilities.
We couldn't go all night without the loo, shows we are getting old eh?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

Romaningroma

Free Member
Dec 29, 2012
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
had a few yrs ago
Yes Trish- tes you are right they are the about same size inside as the bambi.
The bambi is on a bedford or a suzuki, and honda base.
The romahome is on a citroen c15 or a citroen balingo dep on age.
Thanks for info.:thumb::Smile:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi ,if you go to www.smallmotorhome.co.uk, there you will find all the advice your looking for mostly for c15 owners, hope this helps you and happy hunting for that perfect MH:thumb:

Jan 5, 2017
brinklow warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Romahome duo hylo
Exp
since 2016
I went to the caravan and motorhome show at the nec and was very disappointed not to see romahome there, does anyone Know why?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Hello and welcome, had a romahome for 7 years, you could sleep 3 and a dog if you were good friends lol
Previous owner had taken shelving out of cupboard at the back to fit a small portapotty. The old citroens could be prone to rust especially at the scuttle under the windscreen. mine was highline, E reg and petrol, blue and white too, massses of storage in the overcab area. didn't use it often for more than just me and it nearly put John off motorhomes for life. I was lucky at just over 5' at least i could stand up in it.
Now after 2 coachbuilts, could not, even on my own, go back to a van without a toilet.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi and welcome.
I guess you are thinking of the small one. I looked at the version of the R20 Lo which was around about 5 years ago and the Autosleepers version which is the Mezan Lo Line. After spending some time thinking about the slight differences and the availability of servicing and parts in the midlands I went for the AS Mezan. It has proved very successful for me touring on my own and I have done some long trips in it but I am not convinced it would be big enough for 2 people for much more than a long weekend, if that.
Mike

Gosh Mike , are you making us having an eye test? I had to use the magnifying stuff to read you! Terrible!...

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Had a Romahome; hated it and bought a Nu Venture Rio and loved it and would have kept it if it had had hot water and a shower (some do, mine didn't). I bought it privately on eBay for a song and traded it in for a larger coach built two years later for what I'd paid for it - result!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back