Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Dodgey, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

Came up the other day but no answers so I thought I'd ask again, more specifically:thumb:

Battery, ie duracell whatever, not house power rodent repelants, you know those high pitch thingies that are supposed to keep 'em out the van?

Anyone recommend one that seems to work, bit of a pre emptive strike you see?

2. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

a Cat?

A CAT.. you know tail and four legs and makes a noise?

Bob:Eeek:

3. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

Daft bugger:Rofl1::Rofl1:

For when we're not in the van you see, that said we do have a cat but she's not allowed near Winne, basically if she gets in we'll need a new van in five minutes, distructive little :censored:2:censored:2:censored:2:censored:2:censored:2:censored:2:censored:2:censored:2:censored:2:censored:2:swear:

4. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

First thing is to bung up any crevices that you can find, you often find that there are gaps in the floor where pipes disappear - a mouse can distort its' body and get through the tiniest of gaps.

Thoroughly clean the van from top to toe, remove everything even remotely food orientated and make sure inside cupboards and flor areas are free from anything remotely edible, and clean.

Then, another cure, which is reported to work well, is peppermint essense, soak cotton balls in this and place around possible entry areas, and along walls and edges. Mice absolutelty hate peppermint, they cannot abide it and is a natural repellent.

As for ultrasonics - I cannot help you there!

5. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

Yup, the cleaning etc we're up on. We don't have the problem (well we didn't yesterday) this is just planning.
    We found a few dropping last Xmas even though we were in the van, we were in farming country so hardly suppriseing, but in and out. Actually I thought the little blighters hibernated?

Obviously hardier types in Cumbria!

I've obviously missed it but I have been all over the underside of Winne and I'm buggered if I can found how it got in, and fortunatly out.

6. Simba

Simba Read Only Funster

We have used ultrasonic mice repelants in the past when tugging. Found them a waste of time.

7. sue1959

sue1959 Read Only Funster

A mouse only needs a hole the size of a pencil to get through. Our mouse trap is a JR called Pip when she sniffs around and goes on 'watch' we know we have visitors. Our collie just looks at them!