Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
HI welcome to the site:thumb:

looked at lunar looked good but the wait put me off , i was at brownhills summer spec newark last year:Doh: [dont ask] .....anyway they had a new lunar roadster 780 TSB on show nice :RollEyes: but the rep said if you order now you can get one for feb 08:Eeek: this was in june anyway what lunar have you ordered a roadster ? why dis you go for a lunar the layout ? what was the reason?

ray:Smile:

OP
OP
dshague

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
we fell in love with the road star end lounge ,thought quality and layout was first class ,went home and found it would not fit on my motorhome parking place .so went back and looked at moon star that fits ,then we ordered the 570 not 580 end lounge ,we can now take our grandchildren with us .got two belted seats.and five berth.soon be pick up day :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we fell in love with the road star end lounge ,thought quality and layout was first class ,went home and found it would not fit on my motorhome parking place .so went back and looked at moon star that fits ,then we ordered the 570 not 580 end lounge ,we can now take our grandchildren with us .got two belted seats.and five berth.soon be pick up day :thumb:

same reason we went for the kontiki, two 6ft sofa's which we use as beds instead of the (not enough headroom for me) overcab.
only takes 5 mins to convert to double if we feel the urge.:RollEyes:

john.

Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
:cry: well we have not had chance to try our brand new lunar roadstar 780TSB that we ordered last october at nec. collected it 3 weeks ago and its gone back to lunar because of interior faults, cupboards not in alignment, doors not lined up properly, gas fire not working properly window above cab not fitted propeerly big gap you could put your hand in, passenger door handle all scratched and dented, dirty mark on mattress. they sent transporter to take it back to factory, the vehicle was too small our motorhome was overhanging by at least a third. driver took out next doors bt line (talk about stress) as for customer service and care, lunar have more or less ignored us, were supposed to report back to us with their findings, but instead have emailed the garage where we bought it and told them they are returning it on friday! no communication with us the customer. so thus far we are not impressed with after sales service, we are waiting to see what condition it comes back in. whoknows we may even be on the road with it some time this year!
as any one got a lunar .ifso what are they like .:winky:
we have a new one coming in march..

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Let me start off by saying I can not imagine the frustration of getting a new motorhome in the condition you received yours, when are the manufacturer's going to learn, the short answer is they never will because dealers don't reject these shoddy examples,when they do they will get fed up of rejected vehicles being sent back to the factory, meanwhile customers wont get there Mhs on time and that will start another complaint, demand is I believe out stripping supplies, I'm sure Peter may comment later.
I personally think you have done quite well to get it sorted in such a short time given some of the horror stories you read. What also puzzles me is, why do purchasers of motorhomes think that the Manufacture has any responsibilities to contact and keep informed the final purchaser, you the final owner bought your motorhome from a dealer, that should be your first and last port of call, you are not customers of Luner, the dealer is, I suspect communication overload takes place when you contact both the dealer and manufacturer to try and resolve problems, you are far better off just dealing with who you purchased off and leave the dealer to deal (forgive he pun) with Luner in this case, its simple, ask the dealer why the motorhome was delivered in such a state,, he after all he has been paid to do a pre delivery inspection and rectify faults before you even saw it, ask him why he let you down
Geo

Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
Geo

yes your right about taking the dealer to task, and thats what we did, they said it should have been checked before leaving the factory etc etc and shrugged off any responsibility for actually checking it over fully.
however, the faults have been put right (the dealer has checked it at the lunar factory and emailed before and after photos), and so we await the return of the motorhome on tuesday, all in all as you say pretty quick response from Lunar thank god.
just need to get it on the road to see if it all works ok!

PEAS!

OP
OP
dshague

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
so what was the van like when it came backfrom lunar ?
are you now happy ?
did you deal with Julie at lunar?

i have some jobs that need doing it tuck a few weeks for parts to come in to stock van in this week for warranty work .will let you no the out come.

J

JOHN DORY

Deleted User
as anyone got a lunar

as any one got a lunar .ifso what are they like .:winky:
we have a new one coming in march..
Yes we have a Lunar Champ H591 and are very pleased with it, but, you try to receive parts or have a warranty job done on your Lunar. We contacted Lunar of Preston for a part for our van and the young lady on the end of the phone (Ms Warbrick) told us it was in the post 3 months ago, when in fact she had not posted it and kept telling us that she will post it or that it was the parts department that was at fault or any other excuse she could come up with, so if anything breaks on your Lunar do not hold your breath about a part sent to you by Lunar of Preston.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back