Any luck with double skillet lately?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Coolbeanz, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

Has anyone ordered and received a double skillet lately? Because of all the feedback about lack of response I decided to email them first before ordering to check they were still in business but I have had no reply in the last 5 months. I then decided to opt for the Remoska but Lakeland website now says they are a discontinued product!! If I can't get a double skillet or a remoska then what next? Should I just order the double skillet and be patient while I pray it eventually arrives? Any other gadgets on the horizon? :Doh:

2. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

If you are on hook up buy a halogen oven. Double skillets are still available from D&F promotions,but they have relocated and are experiencing glitches in their internet etc.

3. Bollard

Bollard Funster

Remoska

Had a moan at Lakeland re their 'life long guarantee' and the Remoska recently purchased last year only to find after many years it is discontinued . . . why? The assistant told me something similar is due in February. Maybe worth a phone call or look on ebay as Remoska's are often listed! Good luck! :Rofl1:

4. StitchUp

StitchUp Read Only Funster

Since January 1st the UK has experienced and influx of Remoskas :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

Double skillet was my first choice as we will be off hook-up a lot. It will be interesting to see what Lakeland have lined up as a replacement so I may hold back from getting anything yet although it looks like there may be some hope of getting the skillet still so I may bite the bullet and order one :thumb:

6. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

God I'm slow today, I was just about to ask you where I could get one and then I got it :Doh:

7. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

I just emailed Remoska and have received a prompt reply advising me the new Remoska will be available in Lakeland from February as advised by Bollard :Smile:

8. Bellini

Bellini Funster

I ordered and received a double skillet in November last year.

Took 2 weeks from order to delivery.

Zero communication from them and I did chase with emails, but it was delivered within a reasonable timeframe and was well packaged.

9. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

I think I'll take a chance and order one then as the double skillet is my first choice as I'll be able to use it on the gas or electric ring :thumb:

10. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

Order placed for large double skillet and recipe book so I will update when it arrives :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  11. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

Yes, as already mentioned, a new Remoska is on the way at Lakeleand. And we asked at the Bristol store this morning and they thought it would arrive mid-February.

In any case, you can see a sneak photo of it, because it is on the cover of a new cookbook that is already available from Lakeland - if you click on the image it will enlarge. :thumb:

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/18852/Remoska-Cookbook

Oh, and just to say we had all the difficulty and delay buying our double skillet, which is OK - but we much prefer using the Remoska. Yes, it requires mains elec - but the current draw is so low (470 watts), we cook with it all the time in the kitchen at home to save electricity heating up our main oven. :Wink:

Mike

12. DrRogerRam

DrRogerRam Funster

Hi,

I was a bit slow replying.

I wrote to them in November 2013 with no reply, but thought 'blow it' & ordered on 6 December 2013 paying by PayPal knowing I could get my cash back if need be.

To date there has been no skillet or other contact from them.

Your thread prompted me to email them & say if I did not get the skillet I would use the PayPal process for getting a refund.

From what I've read previously they do tend to be slow & it can be the PayPal process that prompts them to send the items.

We have no oven in our Hymer, already have a Remoska that is great when on hook-up, already have toasting contraption for the gas & wanted a skillet for when we are not hooked up.

I'll let you know what happens. I'm sure I saw them being demonstrated at Peterborough show last year but Mrs Roger thought it all looked a bit unhealthy to her so we didn't bother.

13. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

Why do people keep giving the skillet sellers the benefit of the doubt. They don't reply to emails, take weeks if not months to deliver and the excuse of moving and website glitches have been going on for over a year now.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

I agree entirely :shout:

However……………we have had ours in use since April last year and it is one of the BEST COOKING DEVICES EVER :shout:

We use ours to cook anything and everything and yes we do make bread in it too (especially French baguettes:Smile: ).

There is a step learning curve but once past that………………we would not be without one :thumb:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  15. DrRogerRam

DrRogerRam Funster

We're just born optimists!

16. simbadog

simbadog Funster

Is it not possible to get one from anywhere else, perhaps someone who knows how to run a business! :RollEyes:
    I would buy one if I could ever get a response from them, if I'd run my business like that I'd still be working instead of sitting in the hotel bar in Switzerland :Smile:

17. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

The bar in Switzerland sounds like MUCH more fun tho :thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  18. simbadog

simbadog Funster

It is :thumb:

19. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

I might pre-empt this then and email in a week just to nudge them along :Rofl1: Let us know if you get yours :thumb:

20. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

I have tried to find them elsewhere to no avail so I emailed D & F Promotions and asked if they would like to sell the business and I would taker over supplying the skillets but surprisingly I didn't hear back from them :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1