Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Campsite Bocairent at Villa Carmen, Bocairent
Aire Ricote
Los Alcornocales at Jimena de la Frontera

Seem to be in good walking areas. Thanks.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We used the motorhome parking at Ricote earlier this year and put it on Camper Contact. We cycled a route from there. There is walking in the area (and climbing) but whether any routes start from or near the camperstop I don't know.

The parking area has a good service point and easy access into the village. When we visited work was still ongoing. Loads of room to park but if wet take care if going away from the unmarked parking areas, although things may have changed now.

Bocairent? I should know something but can't remember at the moment!!!

OP
OP
G

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Thanks, Judith, useful information on the Aire. Bocairent is about 50 miles west of Denia, at the Sierra Mariola.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Now you say that my brain cells awaken! We stayed at a campsite there many, many years ago and walked in Sierra Mariola. The site was a little tired but as I said, it was a long time ago, it may have been improved since then. Same with the walking the paths were overgrown and we were wearing shorts!!!
Ouch!

I would imagine, as with some other places we walk in the Murcia and Alicante regions, that there are more marked routes nowadays as more people are finding an interest in walking and biking.

I'll try to find out more about the campsite there for you.

OP
OP
G

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Villa Carmen is a fairly new and small site run by 2 Dutch people. Thanks again. (we don't wear shorts!!)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We used to rent a villa near to Jimena and have visited Camping Los Alcornocales a couple of times to have lunch in the restaurant there. It is a about 300 metres outside Jimena and as you say it is ideally suited for walking in the National park. You can get the train from the other side of the village up into the National Park and walk back.

We went there with the MH last year when we were visiting friends in the village but decided not to stay as the only pitch he had available was a small one and it was a tight squeeze with our 7.2 MH. I seemed to remember it was about €23-25 when we looked then

We stayed overnight on an Aire at Castellar de La Frontera
(see Message #13 in http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum...-dog-through-for-the-day.110854/#post-1463710)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Thanks, Barry. Sounds interesting, especially the train. Our van is just 6m and it would probably be Jan/Feb so maybe a little quieter then :)

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back