Any ideas what these connections are? (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hello everyone

I seem to have more unconnected wire connections under the bonnet than connected!
Just noticed these and wondered if anyone can shed any light on them?
The first photo shows two connectors and both are fastened to the front cross member inside the bonnet/engine compartment near to the Fiat & AlKo plates.
Wires inside the plastic protector sleeve are red & white stripe, pink & red stripe and a black and into the other connector is purple & black stripe and red & blue stripe.

Following the wires back, the are split off from a loom underneath the expansion tank and there's two more connectors dangling under there.

The last photo showing a black connector was dangling down from the same loom.
there's one on the other side dangling down as well but struggling to trace that one back.

Anyone got any ideas? - or has anyone got a Fiat Ducato wiring diagram (year 2009/59) on a 3.0l diesel?
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0572.jpg
    IMG_0572.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 95

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Can't really help but it is not unusual for engine compartments to have unused connectors dotted around. The wiring looms can be common to several different variants or for different markets (e.g. the Middle East) and wires can be fitted for extras not specified when the vehicle was purchased. If everything you think is fitted works, I wouldn't worry!

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hi DevonBeekeeper
thanks - I'm not worried, I just wanted to know if anyone knew what they were for.
I'm looking at fitting some lights and rather than splice the wires to connect, wanted to know that if these connectors were for spot lights/fog lights/DLR's, I could use these connectors instead.
Saying that, they may not be for lights.
Anyone else have any ideas?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
They will be for items of kit not fitted to your model.
many motorhomes are built on base model vans but the wiring loom/harness will be the same regardless of model.

Why make 3 or 4 different looms when one with all connections will do.

You will have a load more spares under the dash.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Could be for cruise control, turbo timers, part of the ignition loom for petrol engines, different spec cooling etc etc

If yours doesn't have fog lights but they are an option on the base van then almost certainly there will be fog light connections in there somewhere..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back