Jan 29, 2012
Ponteland Northumberland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
12years
Hello,

I am heading out for 5 weeks skiing on 22nd December. Was going to go to Les Gets for New year but as the snow forecast isnt great was wondering whether anyone could recommend anywhere else. Not bothered whether its in France, Austria, Switzerland or Italy as im planningo n visiting all of these countries at some point on the trip. Would like something to do New Year, public fire works display, street party etc, but I know Europe dont seem to go in for that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Val thorens seems to be a popular place with funsters as the snow is fairly guaranteed due to the altitude. You'll probably find a few funsters who've done this before will come along soon and advise.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
The continentals just hate their street parties! They would never go for that sort of thing! LOL!:xgrin:

OP
OP
Clayton9

Clayton9

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Ponteland Northumberland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
12years
We cannot wait!! Anywhere else you have been you can recommend? We dont have that much expereince, we have done Les Arcs, La Plagne and Les Gets in France, Wengen n Switzerland and Courmayeur and La Thuile in Italy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
You pretty much have covered where we have ventured!
If you fancy a stop en-route, and the snow improves, there is a free aire right next the lifts at Les Rousses, in the Jura Mountains.
It's a nice little warm up with lots of trees to avoid and great views of Lake Geneva if you venture over the border to Switzerland.

OP
OP
Clayton9

Clayton9

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Ponteland Northumberland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
12years
We have driven through Jura only once in the Summer and it looked lovely so that might be an idea. Looked at Colmar too which looks nice. What's he road up to Val Thoren like?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Theres more snow in Catterick than Les Rouses at the moment. VT is your best bet for High level skiing at the moment. We are off to the Dolomites and Austria later in the year. I've been to Vt about 4 times, it's a great resort and great skiing but be prepared or cry in your motorhome sink

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
yeah, be prepared, as good as VT is to ski in, if you don't do your home work you will freeze, be in for a miserable week and wish you were booked on to a 5 * campsite getting a coach and a 4 hour drive to the slopes.
look at my blog and skiing info or check motorhomeski.com

OP
OP
Clayton9

Clayton9

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Ponteland Northumberland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
12years
Certainly wouldnt like that!!!

Got loads of great ideas from your blog about Livigno. Definately going to be giving that a try

So many choices

:)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We are boring, going to Loch Ness for Hogmanay, only thing guaranteed is a supply of Whisky.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back