Any idea what my table may have looked like?

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by RogerThat, Jun 30, 2016.

1. RogerThat

RogerThat Funster

1999 Swift Sundance 590RL. North West, UK.
    Hi everyone,

I've a 1999 Swift Sundance 590RL (rear lounge) and unfortunately it didn't come with a 'dining' table.

The washroom is immediately behind the drivers seat and there's a gap between the seat-back and the washroom wall, complete with a little retaining latch, ready to slide a table in to. But alas, no table when I bought it :(

Any ideas what it may have looked like? Or more importantly, where I could get a replacement?

2. vin0114

vin0114 Funster

Hi @RogerThat , I had the same problem with the last van and finished up making one to fit so if you measure the gap you have I'll measure mine up and see if it fits your gap.

3. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

Probably the same kind that you find in Swift caravans of that period, you can buy one from places like Magnums

4. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

try a search on google, there is bound to be one for sale, or maybe google images but that is more of a long shot, I am on a very weak internet link tonight or I would have looked for you (y)

5. Graham and Jane

Graham and Jane Funster Life Member

We have a 2007 model and our table is just a bog standard caravan table. It matches the worktop. We have had our van since new so it is the orinigal table. If you look where the table fits in the wardrobe and measure the space that is exactly the width of the table. Hope this helps you.

6. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Caravan breakers often have tables for sale ... look new and about third of the price.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bubble63

bubble63 Funster

Rainbow leisure will make you one to your spec and sell you a leg and mount kit

N

8. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

Got good internet today, but my advice above doesn't help, not with just a few minutes looking anyway, found a good few including using google images, but cant find any with a table up

looking at the photos though there is no floor mounting obvious, so they must be a free standing unit, just a question of measuring the space min the wardrobe I guess (y)

9. Jimbohorlicks

Jimbohorlicks Funster

we have a swift sundance 630L ,with a rear lounge, our table was stored behind the drivers seat on the bulkhead as you describe. However we found the table to be rather bulky and heavy. When put up in the lounge there was just enough space to slide out along the seat to get out . It really was too big. In the end we just leave it in the garage at home and use a smaller fold up table instead. I assume that whoever had the van before you did the same and forgot to include it when selling.
    I think you will find it more useful to obtain a smaller table-it has no other function but as a table.

hope this helps(y)

10. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Google caravan breakers in your area .. don't know where you are. They don't advertise individual items .. you have phone.

There is one in Sutton, St Helens and one near Burscough Lancashire ..

11. Jimbohorlicks

Jimbohorlicks Funster

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  12. RogerThat

RogerThat Funster

1999 Swift Sundance 590RL. North West, UK.
    Thanks for all your help everyone!

I've been on eBay and picked up a cheap (metal) folding table which will definitely fit in the gap behind the drivers seat / washroom wall.

I took the weight comment on board, the one I've bought is very light - which might equal flimsy / wobbly - a few tea time meals will answer than one for me :D

I'd have liked to get the original wooden one, or as close-to as possible but to be honest, I think £50 quid for a second hand one is somewhat over priced :oops:

• Like Like x 1