Any good?

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by ShiftZZ, Jun 11, 2012.

1. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

2. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

3. cbrookson

cbrookson Funster

4. Heyupluv

5. ShiftZZ

The only reason for posting was that its not expiring, so if you dont use it this month you can carry over the credit?

6. Heyupluv

Dave....Orange....France..Dongle Wifi..Mmm not that brill....I use more mbs of the little allowance I am allocated ....just tying to get on the internet and when on after dropping out numerous times .....and not getting what I had gone on the internet for in the first place...some of the times I have to give it up as a bad job and try again when we get to another Aire with a better reception..signals are not always that good..and that is hanging the dongle outside the window on a USB extension cable...Then there are the free Orange hotspots...or should I say the so called hotspots I have never yet been able to get onto one even though there was one at the side of me...it would quickly in a milli second lock back onto the 3g..or 3 @ G...or the E..after it had given me the option of a free wifi spot....and my allowance would diminish again:Doh:.....:Doh:.

This is only my opinion of my France orange Dongle travelling around France....

My Orange landline...wired internet connection at home at 30 euros per month is good.

So to answer your question Dave, yes it is good to have a none expiring wifi dongle link and only top up when the money run's out ....which will be very quickly if it is like mine :Eeek::cry:

Oh it does say in the monthly wifi DONGLE contract, do not use wifi phone connections like SKYPE...

Is that because your money/allowance will run out before you can say Hello on the free Skype...or is it because Orange they will be loosing money on there phone systems, mobiles and landlines...I will leave you to work that one out

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Heyupluv

Dave .....My guess is a Vodaphone dongle on roaming charges...may be your best option..well I think that is what two of our friends have used...one through his firm...and one on his contract....and they only got charged when it was used and was notified by a text.
    Don't quote me until you have checked first .....one of the persons is a MHFun member...maybe he will confirm what I am saying if he is on while this thread is running on the front page..I think they were allowed 25mb to used in one day, at the cost of about £1.98p for the day including vat.....that will give you ample to download and send your emails and may be a little time on the internet for MHF...and do this about every 3 days ..still use the Mc Donald's and other free ones if you can.

Mel
    :thumb:

8. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

on the site we are on

On the site we are on it is €15 a week unlimited use. We have the Macbook and the iPad both on line at the same time on the same password.

Bob

9. ShiftZZ

Thats what I have a 25meg daily allowance...

Cheers,