Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I solve the dirty clothes/clean clothes separation dilemma in a simple manner.

I just leave the dirty clothes in their natural place on the floor and get the clean ones from the bin bag I use to carry them back from the laundrette in.

When the bin bag is empty you just have to reload it with the clothes from the floor and go back to the laundrette.

An even better system is the Jack Reacher method...

When necessary, simply buy new clothes from the Army & Navy store and throw the ones you were wearing in a skip.

Sorted.

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
What you need is something similar to the newspaper stands that you see, the weight of the papers holds it down and it rises as the weight decreases. If you had something like this inside a door/cupboard then you could put dirty clothes under as it rises.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Dont know the correct name so dont ask.
In my last rv there was a larder cupboard, floor to roof.
In the cupboard where vertical racks with sprung shelf supports.
To raise the shelf you simply lifted/pushed it up to the next, or higher, set of sprung supports.
As the shelf passed the support it pressed it back then sprang back out when the shelf was past.

To lower it you simply lifted one side of the shelf and removed it or lowered it at an angle until the desired hight was reached.

Each rack was around 1" square....one in each corner.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Last edited:
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Woman keeps a bag in the shower cubicle and I just bung my dirty "stuff" in there.
She is an indispensable "wonder".. xx ..

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
And here they are.......turn the image 90° clockwise to get the idea.

http://www.rvlocksandmore.com/Globa...lastic-Shelf-Strips/SH-SB224-ALM#.VljWXWhFDMI

Broken Link Removed

RV spares on eBay or Duncan at starspangledspanners may be able to supply, but dont expect those prices even in sterling.

And a Solution is found (y)(y)(y)

Woman keeps a bag in the shower cubicle and I just bung my dirty "stuff" in there.
She is an indispensable "wonder".. xx ..

No good for me.. I don't have a woman or a separate shower. The shower area would fill up and I couldn't use sink or toilet.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Very easy to adjust, we often had to adjust heights for various food packets/boxes and tinned food.
They seem quite robust and we had no problems but if one did fail its not a major problem as you have many optional heights

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
[E="JJ, post: 1647992, member: 2459"]... plus his well worn passport and a cash card, IRC.

JJ :cool:[/QUOTE]

True dat....

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
PS: @Speve I did look at the spiral sash balances. My friend had a joinery shop where I worked occasionaly and fitted these. Much better than the old style weights.
@Gromett It was just a thought as I am a joiner and have used on lots of occasions although you would have needed to get the length just right.ill keep my thinking cap on

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back