LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Merry Christmas to the Christmas workers.

Just finishing my shift and then a quick kip before getting back here on Xmas morning,,,, :Sad:

Then, another day before getting back here on Boxing day morning :Sad:

Then off for 7 days to organise some Funster New Year Party. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

There's light at the end of the tunnel,

Enjoy your winter holiday :thumb::thumb:

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
Got night shifts tonight and tomorrow then 4 off, then back to work, all so you lot can have newspaper.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Nights tonight and tomorrow.. Off boxing day and the back for nye and nyd.. One more Christmas until retirement..
Happy Christmas everyone :Smile:

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
Funny. Its not the revs thats going to be a problem, its the horn thats going to p you off at 0620 tomorrow morning

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Finished at 2 pm today, Ralph picked me up and we've spent the afternoon getting stuff sorted . He's set the table , a little tradition , I've prepped what I can for tomorrow . The huge ham is in the oven as I type. Because the oven won't take the turkey and it !

I have Xmas day and Boxing Day off.
Though the shops open on Boxing Day for all the saddos that have nothing better to do then go shopping in the Ridings Shopping Centre. :Doh:
I'm back at work 7.30 am :Eeek: on the 27th Dec. then off till 5 days till the following Thursday. :thumb:
The kids are all working now, they all have just Xmas day and Boxing Day off too. Ralph chocca block with work , so he's just taking the same off too.
Ralph and I are on the count down to the 17 day trip to the Maldives , were not wishing Xmas away , cos we love all the food drink and time with the kids,
but ............:Cool:

Hope the hospitals nice and quiet for you , and any other emergency services working over the festive period.

Have a lovely Christmas and a healthy happy new year all you funsters !

Last edited:

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Working tonight till 10pm, tomorrow from 8am, and Boxing day from 8am, :Sad:
Few days off (inc me birfday!) the NY eve, then a few more days,
then ...
On the road on 4th Jan to a CL near Kenilworth to meet up with some MH freinds to make up for lost drinking time for a few days :thumb:

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Happy Xmas all the hard workers out there :Smile:

I'm back in work at the weekend taking the calls for Out of Hours District Nurses - but my other half is working today, Xmas Day, Boxing Day, Sat, New Years Eve & New Years Day driving around the Out of Hours Doctors - so at least tis all in a good cause ::bigsmile:

Enjoy your festive season, whatever and wherever you are :Smile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Well we are at a ski resort in France ..asking the question as we shopped today when are they next open... Answer : oh tomorrow 7.30 - 20.00 hrs .. One or two are closed

for lunch ...amazing x

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
Our son is working through the night tonight, joining us with his family at 12 tomorrow for Christmas Dinner, before returning to work at 3pm and doing the same shift Boxing Day..........all to keep us safer ....... merry Christmas to all Police Officers doing the same :thumb:

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Our son is working through the night tonight, joining us with his family at 12 tomorrow for Christmas Dinner, before returning to work at 3pm and doing the same shift Boxing Day..........all to keep us safer ....... merry Christmas to all Police Officers doing the same :thumb:
Our son is doing similar for the same cause. Late shifts today and Christmas day then into night duty Boxing night. Sending the same best wishes to all those working hard to keep us safe and everyone working over the Christmas period.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I normally work over the festive season, although this year we only have a skeleton staff in 24/7 to keep certain process warm. We start production again on the 5th, so over the festive if nothing goes wrong then I won't be in if it does go wrong then I will be in as I'm on call for most of the time.

GaryW

Free Member
Aug 6, 2012
Fleetwood, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012

Must be 10years since I (and my family I suppose ) had a decent christmas break together. Comes with the job.

Merry Christmas to one and all.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I spent 18 years working every Christmas Day and almost every New Years Eve ( I think I missed one because I was ill)
I've had the last 3 Christmases at home and now this year, didn't have to book leave!
Wonderful!
Allan

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
You lot are the people we depend on when something goes wrong and we need help, or to keep the services going as we all enjoy ourselves.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE TO WORK OVER THE HOLIDAYS

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
I've been working
on another bottle of whiskey:beer: Merry Xmas :lips:

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Unfortunatly i got paged to a flooding caravan park at 1600hrs ish
I'm still here getting people out of their flooded homes.
Heartbreaking at any time of year !!!!

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
I've paid my dues with the Xmas holiday on duty, so I say my heartfelt thanks to everyone who is working through the festive season to the benefit of us all, so that we can enjoy a safe and secure holiday. :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup.. pretty much same old same old for me.. Already balanced a pair of wheels and a cam chain tensioner replacement booked in for about 11ish ( wont take long though )

Packed up a couple of orders, updating some of the web pages, then its a tidy up of the office space hopefully before we sit down to dinner

We are gathering next door at number one sons for dinner, piss up and silly games this afternoon, so woman has 'only' had to cook the two turkeys, a joint of pork and a couple of things for afters.. Daughter in law Zoe doing the rest of the cooking as they are this years hosts.. Mind you, easy year this year with only about 12 or 14 of the family sitting round the table.....

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi

hi guys and a merry christmas to you all:Smile:working all day yesterday,off today and boxing day then back friday and saturday:thumb:no peace for the wicked.
brian jo and josh

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Out of 25 years in HM Forces I must have done 18 of those years..one way or another doing duties over the Xmas/New year period..my first year I was on guards over the Xmas period(1974) and my final year with The Regiment before I moved to the T.A. (1990) I was on Xmas Duties..the first time I was a lowly Pte soldier walking around as we called it Stagging On..then on me last one I was a Sergeant making sure they did the Stagging On..It was good in a way..did a few Xmas/New Years on various tours in Ulster on Ops..So to those working over the festive slot I'll say thank you and to the boys and girls of HM Forces (what ever branch) a big THANK YOU also..

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Not stopped all day until now.....

Working in A&E in my old job as a favour has turned in to a nightmare of memories......

Why are people so abusive on Xmas day :RollEyes:

Did Santa not give you what you wanted!!!!!::bigsmile:

grrrr, another 2 hours then I'm out of here!!!!

Until tomorrow.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
I've paid my dues with the Xmas holiday on duty, so I say my heartfelt thanks to everyone who is working through the festive season to the benefit of us all, so that we can enjoy a safe and secure holiday. :thumb:

I'll second that. merry Xmas to all that are working today :Smile:.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back