Any Campsites Open at Easter in France? (1 Viewer)

syranara

Free Member
Aug 15, 2008
Northfleet, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
5th wheeler
Exp
Hi,

Last year we went to France at Easter in the old motorhome and drove around camping wild and on Aires. Great time and no problem.

This year we were planning on popping over again to spend Easter perhaps in the South West but now taking the 5ver. However, I can't seem to find any campsites open at that time of the year and I think the 5ver would be a little bit big to wild camp ::bigsmile:

Anyone know of any sites? Not just in the South West, we are now getting desperate and thinking of any area!!! Just somewhere we can leave the trailer and pop off in the Nav for day trips etc. What do you seasoned 5vers do?

Any advice please....

Thanks,
Marion

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi Marion!

I live near Toulouse, which is in South West France. I don't own a camp site but if you can't find any at Easter, i'd be delighted to host you a few nights in front of my house.I 'm a stadium warden and i live on the stadium, I used to offer free electricity as i was not paying for it, but things have changed since january, i now pay for it. BUT if you have a big lead , you can use one of the stadium plugs. We can provide as well fresh water and you can use in the morning the stadium showers(not very poshy ones.... it's an old stadium, but hey ...you can get washed!lol)
So if you're interested, let me know.

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Camp Sites in France

Have you tried looking on the ACSI site I am sure there are sites open all year in our book, also the Camping Cheque site we have used sites in France out of season.- Sue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
camping la nautique at narbonne is open at easter and good for a 5th wheeler

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Camping larrouletta at st jean de luz. thats ok for 5ers as well

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Parc Verger, also qualify for a Funster discount

* OPEN ALL YEAR

* 10 fully serviced hardstandings - EHU,
* Fresh water and waste water disposal on pitch.
* 3 hardstandings with EHU.
* Lawn pitches with EHU.
* 16 A electricity throughout.
* MH + Caravan dump points.
* Easy access.
* Plenty of manœuvring room.
* WiFi.
* Veg prep/washing up area with hot water!
* Superb showers and toilets.
* Washing machine and tumble dryer available.

http://www.parcverger.com/

don

Free Member
Apr 27, 2008
hingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
sites in france

The most important site book for us is Caravan europe 1, from the caravan club.
It lists 1000s of sites, all been visited by members, many are municipal( the ones we use),
these are often near villages or towns, but importantly it lists all year sites as well.
Cheers

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi,

Last year we went to France at Easter in the old motorhome and drove around camping wild and on Aires. Great time and no problem.

This year we were planning on popping over again to spend Easter perhaps in the South West but now taking the 5ver. However, I can't seem to find any campsites open at that time of the year and I think the 5ver would be a little bit big to wild camp ::bigsmile:

Anyone know of any sites? Not just in the South West, we are now getting desperate and thinking of any area!!! Just somewhere we can leave the trailer and pop off in the Nav for day trips etc. What do you seasoned 5vers do?

Any advice please....

Thanks, Marion

Marion....have you tried Ondres Plage Aire just before Biarritz...you can get to the sea very easy...we was on it twice late last September and October just as they was fitting the new barriers.....for the electronic barriers you will need your debit card ...(but maybe credit will work ??) as we only have a French debit that worked ok ( they were testing some German motorhomers card to make sure they worked)...what I am saying it is quite secure, as all around you the are large thick hedges with a barrier to go in and another barrier to go out at the bottom.... when you pay you will also get a slip of paper out of the machine with a code on it to use at the exit barrier...as far as I know the ticket allows you in and out all that day.....there was 12 Electric Hook up and water and waste disposal......I think it was 7 euros all in .......a wooden boardwalk to the beach about 8 to10 wooden wide steps with hand rail to the beach ...lovely beach, a restaurant and two shops and a toilet block in the car park a small supermarket back up in the village......to get to the site....just before the sea front is a car park you will see a small island go more or less straight up the middle of the car park at the top of the car park (toilet block on the right) .turn left go through the hedges to the pay barrier and then into site....electric points on the left two banks of 6...loads of dog walks and for walkers behind the hedges southwards along the flattish dunes along the cliff top :thumb::thumb:........... it is only a small place on the map, if you go on Michelin maps and zoom in to 2 miles to the 1"...(5km to the 25mm) and look just about 1/2" above Biarritz south west Atlantic side..... you will find it :thumb::thumb: good luck have a good holiday

N43.34.589......W001.29.215

Mel

Last edited:
OP
OP
syranara

syranara

Free Member
Aug 15, 2008
Northfleet, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
5th wheeler
Exp
Thank you Frankie for your very kind offer. I will definitely let you know if I need to take you up on it. ::bigsmile:

To everyone, thanks for all the advice and suggestions. I'm now going to search out all that you've recommended and can feel a lot easier knowing that I will be getting away at Easter after all!

Thanks again, knew I could rely on you to come up with the answer :roflmto:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Marion.......if you have google earth on your computer....( if not, dowload it, it is free) then at the top left of google earth click on the tab "fly to"....type in Ondres plage, France and click on the magnifying glass to the left of the word you have just typed in, then when it settles zoom even closer either with your scroll mouse or the zoom tool top right...untill you are close to see everything...but not to close that you loose focus...looks like the photo was taken middle of the summer...you will also see the motorhomes at the left (south side) of the car park and you will see the entrance in and out before they put the barriers up....if you see tiny little blue square blocks on the beach click on them and it will fetch up pictures for you.. or anywhere were there is a blue square.....click on it..so you will be able to see before you go.....have a good holiday lots fun lots of sun ....:thumb:
No cars allowed in now....just Motorhomes
Mel

Last edited:
OP
OP
syranara

syranara

Free Member
Aug 15, 2008
Northfleet, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
5th wheeler
Exp
Many thanks to all. We are now sorted for Easter. Have booked up at Parc Verger and are looking forward to meeting Bob & Di and having a great, relaxing time. ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back