Any Builders Fancy A Free Holiday? (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Just pondering. We've a huge basement apartment and we need builders to do lots of small jobs.
I'm a decent DIY Dan, but need some proper help.

Say they did a couple of days work, while their missus lounges by the pool, and they all get a free holiday.

Seems a good idea, but Googled and can't find anything similar <Broken link removed>

It'd work for us if any willing builders out there.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just pondering. We've a huge basement apartment and we need builders to do lots of small jobs.

Say they did a couple of days work, while their missus lounges by the pool, and they all get a free holiday.

Seems a good idea, but Googled and can't find anything similar <Broken link removed>

Have you thought of our @ianthebuilder

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie

Might be worth being a bit more specific re work required. Also is it just swmbo who gets to lounge whilst matey works the complete time with you :)

You paying the flights out? Also meals provided?

Just asking like :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Might be worth being a bit more specific re work required. Also is it just swmbo who gets to lounge whilst matey works the complete time with you :)

You paying the flights out? Also meals provided?

Just asking like :D
Simple jobs that an all round builder could do. E.G. raise the perimeter wall by one breeze block to stop dog getting out. 50 metres of that.
Laying about 100m2 of concrete. Building wooden garage. Building a pergola. Etc.

Things I can help with.

No food but the apartment is fully self contained and really nice.
But would include airport pick up and drop off.

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
We're thinking of renting it £300 per week. Two days work at £150 a day seems reasonable.

Tuesday

Free Member
Mar 7, 2017
France
Funster No
MH
WV T5
Exp
20 plus years
If you were on mainland Europe I'd consider driving down from here in the Charente-Maritime.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Simple jobs that an all round builder could do. E.G. raise the perimeter wall by one breeze block to stop dog getting out. 50 metres of that.
Laying about 100m2 of concrete. Building wooden garage. Building a pergola. Etc.

Things I can help with.

No food but the apartment is fully self contained and really nice.
But would include airport pick up and drop off.

Enquire about a licence for 'obras menores' as well. There isn't anything you do not need a licence for. Licences are as cheap as chips compared to the fines.

Tuesday

Free Member
Mar 7, 2017
France
Funster No
MH
WV T5
Exp
20 plus years
All sounds a bit strict in Spain, I've spent the last 3yrs renovating our house which had been empty for 40yr, hand no services of any kind and now we have a home in France, for all this we obtained no planning or permissions.

Tuesday

Free Member
Mar 7, 2017
France
Funster No
MH
WV T5
Exp
20 plus years
Now would be a good time to start worrying, can't see you getting away with that.
Worry not for we were kept an eye on by every local from the neighbours to the Maire, we did once go to the marie about putting in windows where there weren't any and sent away being told "no you are changing old ones not putting in new ones" . They are happy that someone has taken the only ruin in the hamlet and made it a home.

The french have many rules but few are actually followed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back