LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
This is a bargain. It says it all about the construction strength of these things. It was driven into a ditch and the only damage I can see is some skirt damage and a windscreen.
Low mileage on a Merc diesel. With all the toys.

Broken Link Removed

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Tempting to hire a trailer and bring it to Blighty. Sure that'll sell easily once repaired.

It looks typically as-new inside.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Tempting to hire a trailer and bring it to Blighty. Sure that'll sell easily once repaired.

It looks typically as-new inside.

At least 30 grands worth when done. Am not sure which windscreen fits the later models. The earlier ones like ours had the Iveco Superstar truck screen fitted. The phone numbers I have for the 2 old RMB workers are unfortunately in the UK. I good fibreglass man should be able to sort the skirts out easily enough.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
No good to me Dave...

The sink is dirty...

JJ :Cool:

My people tell me that you are off to Germany JJ. Maybe you could pick it up for me. Dont worry about the sink being dirty, Pat will sort that out :Blush:.

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
looks good and worth the cash,

horse and carriage sticker on the back wow thats well ??
solar,reverse camera,awning.and inside looks sweet..
to put that in a container back to the uk is 1300 euros, thats what i would do.
shiply shippers would also drive that back there fully insured and have trade plates etc, but im afraid that would cost apprx the same price,
good luck and as i say "Balls on the table" or del boy"He who dares wins"
:thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It would need trailering back as there is no screen in it with a temp screen fitted. I dont know anyone that would drive it with no windscreen and if I did know anyone daft enough, I would not want them to. They would do more damage. It can be done, but like most things like this its not easy, otherwise everyone would be doing it. The one below is one I made earlier :winky:. It was on its way back from Hanover.

Attachments

• Dehler Profi 001.jpg
    Dehler Profi 001.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 100

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
didnae see it had nae windae..

sorry was not full aware the van had no window,,,
trailor or container,,nice truck ..

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I beg to differ, if it was a viable repair and your valuation was about about right surely the insurers would have it repaired Or am I missing something here
G

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I beg to differ, if it was a viable repair and your valuation was about about right surely the insurers would have it repaired Or am I missing something here
G

They are going to repair Geo, but the workshop is fully booked at the moment until the end of the month. If its not sold before 28 Feb, it will be withdrawn from sale and they will repair it themselves. From what the photos tell me, apart from the windshield the damage is repairable by a competent fibreglasser. Its only superficial skirt damage. A very high end quality van for little money when done correctly. Unfortunately am busy myself sunbathing to do anything with it at the moment. The nearest model I can find with similar mileage is at 29,890. That gives around 16000 to play with.

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
I'd say so.

RMB's (if you've not read Dave's and my spoutings of joy over these models) are incredibly well built. Massively solid.

Right time of year, too.

Oh, I'm soooo very tempted.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
It must be me but it looks more than just skirt damage :Eeek: Internal boards look soiled/mucky in places and some scratching to w/top edges -bathroom needs work as well - Considering it age though she looks in pretty good shape :Smile:There's a place close ish to here that would make new skirts from bits of the old ones:thumb: but it needs a good looking at the rest of the body for more damage also underneath :Smile:
terry

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I'd say so.

RMB's (if you've not read Dave's and my spoutings of joy over these models) are incredibly well built. Massively solid.

Right time of year, too.

Oh, I'm soooo very tempted.

All the jobs to do on there are easy enough to do.
I am due for a trade up and buying a repairable in my trade is good way to go!
Ringing now .

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Windscreen looks expensive

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
That`s a big whack on the wallet, are they available secondhand

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
That`s a big whack on the wallet, are they available secondhand

RV windscreens are rarely available second hand. The RMB is hand made in Germany and is still in production as its now owned by Frankia. The windscreen on the earlier model to the one posted came from the Iveco Turbostar and would be available from second hand truck breakers. Of course its not an easy fix and it would be much easier to go down to the local dealer and buy a new RMB. Unfortunately its not available, as your friendly local UK dealer wont have one, new or second hand. If he did you would have to find upwards of £250000 to buy one new. From the first time I saw an RMB I wanted one, nothing else would do, but I had to be realistic. I knew my wealthy magician ex pat pal in Portugal wanted to retire from the rat race of Bath and and would be a little strapped for cash, I would not be able to afford a new one. So off I went in pursuit of what I wanted in Germany, where I found the last motorhome that I will ever own. Which incidentally has had several thousand pounds spent on upgrades since I have owned it, of which I think is worth every penny when owners of new motorhomes come and chat about how well it is built and how they wish they had taken the trouble to find a used RMB instead of the new mass produced one they have. An RMB is not just for a season, its for life. When buying an RMB its comforting to know that you have an inflation proof asset, not a liability that loses thousands as each year goes by. If I was not busy soaking up the sun in Spain and in gainful employment as Smudgers head dish washer:RollEyes: I would be on my way to pick this up. Get a screen fitted in Germany and a roll of gaffa tape to hold the skirt together and drive it back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back