Any advice on a motorhome and enclosed motorbike trailer? (1 Viewer)

Zogdog

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet :(
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hey folks, i am thinking about traveling through europe with my girl friend and we would like to do so in a motorhome/ campervan but would also like to take along my Yamaha XTZ 750 super tenere. we are stilll saving to afford a motorhome but just wondered if anyone had any advice for traveling with a large motorbike and a motorhome. Just not sure if some motorhomes are better suited for taking a trailer and also any other problems it may cause taking motorbike trailer, ie parking, ferries, security? any advice or thought would be great :D.

Max

xjrchris

Free Member
Apr 17, 2012
bath
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
im thinking off doing the same thing next year,im taking my xjr1300 so i have bought a good trailer,we are going up to the lake dristrict in sept so will take the bike and trailer there as a test run,as for which motorhome i bought a kontiki 640/6 so as its just the 2 of us we have lots of room for all our bike gear,cheers chris

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
check the weight plates on potential motorhomes to see if you have enough weight between the gross vehicle weight and the train weight to tow the trailer with the bike in it.

also check that your licence allows you to drive the combination as some people have lost some entitlements when changing from the paper to plastic licences.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Z

Zogdog

Free Member
May 22, 2012
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet :(
Exp
I'm a newbie
Cheers guys, i will add these things to my list and check them out ::bigsmile:.

Max

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back