antisocial camp site owner (1 Viewer)

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
to date we have not wild camped, I don't mind paying on sites, we maybe have been lucky in so far that we have not had the experience of a bad one, if we did then i would move on, eddievanblitz we will certainly be trying your site in the future exceptional rates in my opinion, we have stayed at searles (high season) and opted for a fully serviced pitch I like a bit of luxury now and then::bigsmile: so i didnt object to paying you always have a choice, dylans at cumcuttan ( though for long stays would recommend you take your car) though having said that the rail station is literally a few minutes away. its a lovely site and also very very good rates, the ones that i would object to staying on are those that charge extra for awnings etc, and some want you to pay for two pitches if your RV is over a certain size, the cheek of it, but you can decide what you want before you go any and stay anywhere and if you think it is too expensive then don't book a pitch there. , again when we go to parc verger this year we have opted for a fully serviced pitch luxury bliss::bigsmile: and there prices are exceptional too. So good reasonable sites are out there. i m happy with my lot so far:Smile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I assumed it was worked out on property values, I would have thought you would pay more in rates for a corner shop in Knightsbridge than in a village say in a remote part of Shropshire. I am only guessing that they would pay more than a campsite in a remote rural area. My guesses are normally way off::bigsmile:

Logical assumption Jim - but then the likes of W H Smiths, Boots, the banks etc started whinging that the same size premises cost them more in some parts of the country than in others.

Mind you they didn't whinge that some parts of the country were cheaper than others :roflmto:

Graham

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
I do not have any connections with a campsite but I believe that any one nighter who dumps 60m - 100 waste water, fills up with 60 - 100 litres of fresh water and uses large quantities of water doing the monthly wash gets a very good deal from the site. In this case I believe that it is the site owner who is getting ripped off.

Do people really believe that fresh water, electricity, emptying septic tanks, employee wages and council taxes are all free to campsite owners?

There are too many freeloaders around.

Everything costs so most of us accept that we have fork out for things

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back