Antifreeze (2 Viewers)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Has anyone got any idea what antifreeze i should use to top up a 2003 ducato x244 ?
Manual says Paraflu, so i went to eurocarparts and there is selection of colours of antifreeze so i asked the assistant what the difference is and his reply was "depends on age" but he didn't know which was for my engine ! Just suggested I look what colour i had already which isn't very helpful as it's not got much of a colour to it !
Would be grateful for help

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
I run a motorfactor, if you can give me the engine size and year I will check for you (y)

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
We list blue antifreeze for that engine.
The blue antifreeze is a 2 year life and the red has a longer 5 year life,
The other difference is the red incorporates OAT ( Organic Acid Technology ) which basically means it offers more protection and is better for aluminium and magnesium engines.
You can use either but blue is cheaper and is perfectly suitable for your engine. Some garages will just put red in so it covers everything.

Hope that helps (y)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Has anyone got any idea what antifreeze i should use to top up a 2003 ducato x244 ?
Manual says Paraflu, so i went to eurocarparts and there is selection of colours of antifreeze so i asked the assistant what the difference is and his reply was "depends on age" but he didn't know which was for my engine ! Just suggested I look what colour i had already which isn't very helpful as it's not got much of a colour to it !
Would be grateful for help
If you are changing the type of antifreeze ie inorganic ,organic or the other one who's name escapes me , I think it pays to give the system a good flush..
Not sure colours are any sure guide to the type now...
Looked into it when I installed a diesel hydronic heater using copper pipe and brass fittings... and remember I was well confused,but remember the warning to flush thoroughly if changing type..
Andy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back