Anti-social Behaviour At Meets (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
This weekend I attended a fun meet in Thetford. However whilst there I was appalled by the anti-sociable behaviour of a minority of funsters who insisted upon frying bacon in the morning. Do they not realise the adverse effect the smell of this has upon those of us of a delicate disposition who, for all sorts of reasons, are confined to cereals for breakfast. I have noticed this before at other meets but this practice seems to becoming more widespread of late.

I myself was so inconvenienced that I had to switch my large generator on so that the diesel fumes could act as a masking agent against the smell.

Surely we cannot let this go on any longer? Can I suggest that in the future a check point is set up at the entrance to all meets and rallies to enable all fridges to be searched and the offending articles removed and confiscated. I can, if our great and wise leader wishes, organise a disposal service for the confiscated articles at a very reasonable price. Only by this method will we be rid of this scourge.

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
There are WORSE !! things than the smell of Bacon plus the rest of a full English being cooked............. The fact thatYOU!! are NOT going to be the one eating it. So,who ever invented,"weetibangs" want them........ Tell you after the watershed,midnight LOL.
Tea Bag

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
If disgusted of Tunbridge Wells cannot partake of the real deal, could he not eat turkey Rashers? Or pretend bacon?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
image.jpg

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
This weekend I attended a fun meet in Thetford. However whilst there I was appalled by the anti-sociable behaviour of a minority of funsters who insisted upon frying bacon in the morning. Do they not realise the adverse effect the smell of this has upon those of us of a delicate disposition who, for all sorts of reasons, are confined to cereals for breakfast. I have noticed this before at other meets but this practice seems to becoming more widespread of late.

I myself was so inconvenienced that I had to switch my large generator on so that the diesel fumes could act as a masking agent against the smell.

Surely we cannot let this go on any longer? Can I suggest that in the future a check point is set up at the entrance to all meets and rallies to enable all fridges to be searched and the offending articles removed and confiscated. I can, if our great and wise leader wishes, organise a disposal service for the confiscated articles at a very reasonable price. Only by this method will we be rid of this scourge.

You would have hated it parked near us yesterday morning...
Not only was there sizzling bacon, but also bread baking in the oven and to top it all the rich aroma of 'real' espresso coffee wafting around
Anyway, being confined to cereal is great, especially if you like eating shredded cardboard
It's All Bran for us this morning, but at least it keeps you regular

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... ooo forgot about the mug of tea ... probably a bucket full would be better! :D

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I would be very interested in learning more about your diesel powered generator...

JJ :cool:
I had it made especially. I have a man that does that sort of thing for me you understand.

I believe he told me that he used an old diesel engine from a large site dumper. Had to remove the silencer because it was taking power out of the engine and I didn't need it anyway because I am deaf. It's on wheels and I tow it around with what my man calls a toad. Find it runs best on second hand vegetable oil he gets from Indian restaurants. I understand the spices add more power.

I call it my lucky mascot because whenever I take it with me I find that I always end up with plenty of room at the Aires and rallies I visit.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
May I ever so humbly suggest you go to a few French meets? So as not to upset your delicate sensibilities?.....Warm croissants have a far more delicate aroma.....but still not to healthy I'm afraid:(

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
May I ever so humbly suggest you go to a few French meets? So as not to upset your delicate sensibilities?.....Warm croissants have a far more delicate aroma.....but still not to healthy I'm afraid:(
Well said that man.

Croissants are good but I don't want to be going to France for them, what with all that foreign stuff like garlic. My man's mems sahb (forget her name) makes them specially for me each morning when I am at home. Do you think I should I tow a small caravan for her so that she can make them while I am away?

Disgusted

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Of course Mr Disgusted...

Obviously we don't actually do anything ourselves... our people will do it but we could attend the board meetings. The lunches afterwards are mildly pleasant.

JJ :cool:
Now you are talking young whipper snapper. Always up for a lunch.

I will get my secretary to contact yours to arrange. I have one or two lunch spots still available at both Cowes week and Henley. Full up for Glyndebourne I am afraid.

Disgusted

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Well said that man.

Croissants are good but I don't want to be going to France for them, what with all that foreign stuff like garlic. My man's mems sahb (forget her name) makes them specially for me each morning when I am at home. Do you think I should I tow a small caravan for her so that she can make them while I am away?

Disgusted

Lidl dear boy....LIDL!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back