Anstruther !!!

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by Stephen & Jeannie, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Has any one any knowledge of a wildcamping site in Anstruther ? I particularly want to try the chippy there.:Cool:

Looking at google earth the car park at the end of The Esplanade looks favourite !:Blush:

Also looking at Pittenweem and Crail !:thumb::thumb::thumb:

2. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

go up to seller dyke to the old swimming pool when up there I park there.
    there are sum parking places there I have not had any problems there in the past
    but the road is tight for motor campers the haven the food is very good :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

pittenweem there is a car park next to the harbour
    was moved form thare once many years ago but been back and never had any problems the lareckmore pub a fisherman's pub sum carectors in there I used to work a boat out of there years ago in my time off from the rig the fath star peter mobbery gone now we would go out and some times he would sober up after abut a day at sea :Eeek:
    but wat a grate skipper he was

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stephen & Jeannie

Plan B !!

Just google earthed Elie, looks great with the Ship Inn just down the road !!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

5. Gellyneck

Gellyneck Funster Life Member

Pick your chippy

If you're going to Ainster (as in the local dialect!) for the chippy makes sure you go to The Wee Chippy at the other end of the esplanade from the car park you've identified. Much better, in my opinion, than the big famous one.

As for the car park, don't think you can overnight in it. As previously mentioned you may be able to overnight in Cellardyke at the old open air seawater swimming pool which happens to be at the bottom of the hill from a commercial site. The view is great out over the Isle of Mey. The roads in Cellardyke are a bit tight so check this out first.

The Wee Chippy is about 10 - 15 minutes stroll from there. There's a pub, The Haven, a couple of minutes walk from the pool which is dog friendly, if of any interest. The Chinese carry out in Cellardyke is not too bad.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

if you do get down the street with your motor home it's a grate place to stay but you may have problems if your to big
    bill

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stephen & Jeannie

(y)Update !!!!!

I e-mailed Fife Council for advice on parking etc.

They could not be arsed to send a reply, so my money is going to be spent on the West Coast and the Outer Hebrides !!! :cooler::cooler::cooler:

Many thanks to all funsters who posted advice.....much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  8. lorger

lorger Funster

Just seen this so possibly a little late, I can give you a nice quiet place at Crail if your still interested. Although we spent two weeks I. The outer Hebrides and I'd recommend it over fife, Ralph and Bev are just back so could ask them as its been four years since we went.