Another Tracker Locate Renewal (Seems very high) (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I am just cautious as to why there is such a difference in price, usually i would expect a couple hundred quid but over £500 is a lot. Good to know i am not the only one though, just waiting for them to call back to ensure it covers everything. The comfort cover also included breakdown which i think i dont need as the van is only 1 year old. I think the fiat assist is for 3 years although for the sake of £50 it wouldnt be a problem as it is still £500 cheaper than the rest.

It is what it is. I've been sorting out insurance for a new car over the last few days and have had quotes varying by a similar amount. Sometimes you find that certain insurers don't want to cover certain types of vehicle.

When I rang Comfort to sort out cover with them they actually reduced the premium from the online quote I'd had. Apparently they had new schedules come through for Rapidos in the few days between my online quote and me speaking to them.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
It is what it is. I've been sorting out insurance for a new car over the last few days and have had quotes varying by a similar amount. Sometimes you find that certain insurers don't want to cover certain types of vehicle.

When I rang Comfort to sort out cover with them they actually reduced the premium from the online quote I'd had. Apparently they had new schedules come through for Rapidos in the few days between my online quote and me speaking to them.

Comfort just called and the quote has gone up as apparently new charges come in to effect from 1st November 2015 which they say is being force upon them New quote is approx £30 more than the last but still a lot cheaper than the others. I have the policies now so will go through them and if all ok will purchase.

Thanks for the assistance.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
We have had two new vans over the last three years safeguard only insist on cat one alarm never had a Tracker both well over £50000 in value.

We too bought new in April 2015... Value 66k+

Had Growler fitted.. by choice rather than dealer fit or insurance requirement..

Never driven a MoHo before... So no NCD etc

Insured with AIB.. 10k mileage £200 excess, parked on drive, +named driver @ £350 fully comp

And ...No tracked required

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
We too bought new in April 2015... Value 66k+

Had Growler fitted.. by choice rather than dealer fit or insurance requirement..

Never driven a MoHo before... So no NCD etc

Insured with AIB.. 10k mileage £200 excess, parked on drive, +named driver @ £350 fully comp

And ...No tracked required

That sounds pretty cheap, you wouldnt need a tracker as you have the Growler which is Thatcham approved Cat 1, they just need either Cat 1 Alarm or Cat 5/6 tracker. If i were to say to them we have both of these they will put the premium down by £16 which is ridiculous. Hardly no discount at all but then they are cheaper than anywhere else anyway.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
It certainly pays to shop around as different insurance companies assess risks differently, especially around your post code.
We insured our van (£57k) with the C&CC, they wanted a tracker fitted and gave me a discount on their approved supplier ( non Gps tracker and fitted myself) our premium was under £280 with mirrored ncd. This is our third year with them and the premium is now about £260.
Peugeot gave me a year breakdown insurance, I renewed the breakdown cover with them for the second year but now with LV as they gave the best deal.
I updated the vans weight using SVTech and informed the insurers and LV, no increase in premiums.
I'm sitting here pretty smugly having such cheap cover!

Reactions: zac
Dec 21, 2010
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vline
Exp
Since 1999
With Safeguard if you have a Cat1 Alarm you do not need a tracker.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Safeguard on our van ( £45000 ) was £280 fully comp. They put me through to a sister company and they got it down to £230(ish)
When I asked about a reduction if I get a tracker fitted they said a reduction of 5%..
I will NOT be bothering with a posh tracker then.. Quite happy with the cheapo one I fitted ages ago that uses a PAYG sim from Vodafone that does not time out providing I use it at least once every three months ( I put £10 on it 4 years ago and still have about £9 left LOL !! .... and that includes a deliberate tester to locate the van to make sure it was all working )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back