Another site in Portugal for You Quarteira (salopian) and others (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Right we have moved on again....So here is our last place, another Portugal site for you ........and for you Salopian, I have put the coordinations it in two formats one easy one not so easy:winky::winky:

It's called
Estrada,fonte Santa...Quarteira

Nice hard standing...site would take around 200 motorhomes, centre part well lit up at night....
limited amount of electric points (about 22 ) I think there are 6 blue european sockets...and...16 of the two pin plus earth normaly used in France, Spain, Portugal...these are spaced in the middle of the site and fixed onto electric poles, toilets male urinal and wc ...female wc's....and one invalid toilet..toilets do seem clean (I always use my own)...
There is one disadvantage of this site, the site is used for the very good and very large market on a wednesday morning at 9.00am and closes after mid day.
So the site ask all motorhomes to vacate by mid day Tuesday to the carpark next door free parking for the night, also on hard standing....and not to return till around 4.30..5.00 pm wednesday afternoon after the market people have vacated and the contract cleaners have been in and removed all the rubbish that has been left on site.

A new LIDL store on the round about 50 to 100 m...two restaraunts across the road and cafe doing full english breakfast....

coordinations...for the site....d°m.m' N37°04.449' W8°04.636' (for salopian)
d.d° N37.07416° W8.7727°

The price...2 euros per night.....and......if any electric points available 2 euros per night 16 amp...water is at a borne you call at the gate house for jetton..or a button as they call it cost of 2euros.....
Two lots of people have been caught taking water out of the toilets:Doh: the site take a very dim view, so the gateman lock's the toilet block up he also puts metal fencing around the borne to stop this, so everybody suffers that uses the toilets or requires water all because some tight sod so hard up for 2 euros ... would much prefer to drink water out of a toilet.
The one's we know that was caught was two Brits and a Nederland couple:Doh: :Angry::Angry:

I am using my dongle a the moment so when I can get onto free wifi included with site fee's ... I will upload some photo's for you.

Mel

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Right we have moved on again....So here is our last place, another Portugal site for you ........and for you Salopian, I have put the coordinations it in two formats one easy one not so easy:winky::winky:

It's called

Nice hard standing...site would take around 200 motorhomes, centre part well lit up at night....
limited amount of electric points (about 22 ) I think there are 6 blue european sockets...and...16 of the two pin plus earth normaly used in France, Spain, Portugal...these are spaced in the middle of the site and fixed onto electric poles, toilets male urinal and wc ...female wc's....and one invalid toilet..toilets do seem clean (I always use my own)...
There is one disadvantage of this site, the site is used for the very good and very large market on a wednesday morning at 9.00am and closes after mid day.
So the site ask all motorhomes to vacate by mid day Tuesday to the carpark next door free parking for the night, also on hard standing....and not to return till around 4.30..5.00 pm wednesday afternoon after the market people have vacated and the contract cleaners have been in and removed all the rubbish that has been left on site.

A new LIDL store on the round about 50 to 100 m...two restaraunts across the road and cafe doing full english breakfast....

d.d° N37.07416° W8.7727°

The price...2 euros per night.....and......if any electric points available 2 euros per night 16 amp...water is at a borne you call at the gate house for jetton..or a button as they call it cost of 2euros.....
Two lots of people have been caught taking water out of the toilets:Doh: the site take a very dim view, so the gateman lock's the toilet block up he also puts metal fencing around the borne to stop this, so everybody suffers that uses the toilets or requires water all because some tight sod so hard up for 2 euros ... would much prefer to drink water out of a toilet.
The one's we know that was caught was two Brits and a Nederland couple:Doh: :Angry::Angry:

I am using my dongle a the moment so when I can get onto free wifi included with site fee's ... I will upload some photo's for you.

Mel

Mel, so thats another site in the "tomtom" for this years visit. We will start in November as we enjoyed it so much over the past 4 weeks. Regards to both of you and Bruce from Dawn

John

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

It's called

Mel [/SIZE]

We visited last winter but didn't stop as it was market day.
Good market though & may visit when in the area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Thanks

We loved Quarteria when we stayed there with many others on the beach site, We met many new friends there, Brits,Germans and Dutch. But was closed when they redid the front and walkway to the marina..

Is this new site where the Gypsy market is held.

Also will it take the larger motorhome, access decent ect.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thanks

We loved Quarteria when we stayed there with many others on the beach site, We met many new friends there, Brits,Germans and Dutch. But was closed when they redid the front and walkway to the marina..

Is this new site where the Gypsy market is held.

Also will it take the larger motorhome, access decent ect.

No its not near the beach....large motorhomes Yes...it is where the gypsy market is held

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Mel, so thats another site in the "tomtom" for this years visit. We will start in November as we enjoyed it so much over the past 4 weeks. Regards to both of you and Bruce from Dawn

John

Thanks John...................M.C&B

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I am not worthy !!

It's called

coordinations...for the site....d°m.m' [HI] N37°04.449' W8°04.636' (for salopian)[/HI]
d.d° N37.07416° W8.7727°

Mel

I prostrate myself, kiss the hem of your garment in thanks oh mighty one..humble..humble !!!!:pray::pray::pray:::bigsmile:riving2:

Now on the list !!! Keep on truckin' !!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Quateira

It's called

d.d° N37.07416° W8.7727°

Mel

some photo's

Attachments

• Quateira Jan 19 -2013 002.jpg
    Quateira Jan 19 -2013 002.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Quateira Jan 19 -2013 006.jpg
    Quateira Jan 19 -2013 006.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Quateira Jan 19 -2013 015.jpg
    Quateira Jan 19 -2013 015.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 32