Another question. Paint this time. (1 Viewer)

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
The previous owner of our 1993 Swift Kon-tiki 600/5L made a few minor repairs here and there to the sides and then painted over the filler with white paint, only the sides aren't white, they're a cream colour.

Was it always this colour or has it gone from white to manky over the years? If it *was* always a cream colour is there any way of getting paint that will match better than Dulux brilliant white?

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I took my bumper to our local Fleet Factors and they have a camera that analyses your paint pigments, then they mix the paint to suit while you wait.
Just looked and they don’t have a branch in Kent, but there will probably be something similar near you.

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Having done a bit of spraying in my time household gloss will not have been the choice of Swift :LOL:

I'm afraid it will be a case of rubbing it down to get it all off, primer and colour will then be the order of the day. A word with Swift might come up with a colour code but it will not match the original paint. I used to work with a guy that could mix ten year old paint, I kid you not, matched up some weird and wonderful colours.

Before spraying it was coach paint which was brushed on to, you guessed it, coaches. A long time gone art exept in the narrowboat world I think.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
Having done a bit of spraying in my time household gloss will not have been the choice of Swift :LOL:

I'm afraid it will be a case of rubbing it down to get it all off, primer and colour will then be the order of the day. A word with Swift might come up with a colour code but it will not match the original paint. I used to work with a guy that could mix ten year old paint, I kid you not, matched up some weird and wonderful colours.

Before spraying it was coach paint which was brushed on to, you guessed it, coaches. A long time gone art exept in the narrowboat world I think.

Oh blimey. It looks a bit rough around the edges here and there but the worst-looking bits are the brilliant white patches. I'm just looking for a pot of cream-ish paint that *almost* matches that I can brush over the white patches so they look a bit better :) I'd rather hoped that Motorhome Beige was a standard colour.

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Well take a good picture of it and see if you can get it mixed at B&Q or a Dulux trade centre, always worth a try. Don't drive it through the front door and ask them to match it up, they might not like that. :whistle2:

Upvote 0

TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Voyager 2 coachbui
Exp
Well take a good picture of it and see if you can get it mixed at B&Q or a Dulux trade centre, always worth a try. Don't drive it through the front door and ask them to match it up, they might not like that. :whistle2:

Photos don't work for colour matching unless you print it off and then make sure the print matches the colour on the MoHo. Remove a bit of the trim if you can; if not then you're better off driving the camper to the trade shop and asking for a fan deck to match it up manually.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back