Another one to give us a bad name! (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
To me it is just down to bad manners. And it is the same as throwing litter out of the car. So is that a good thing? No.

It seems some want to try to justify the unjustifiable on the "they do so why shouldn't we" principle.

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Do not agree with running with the grey waste tap open BUT what do you do when you stay at a campsite that has NO grey waste disposal point !!!

do you empty but bucket into black waste ??

just empty where you are sighted ( as advised by campsite owner I add) don't fancy that due to smell

wait till next site if you can ??

where do you empty grey / black waste when wild camping ??? (never wild camped)

questions
questions
questions

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Do not agree with running with the grey waste tap open BUT what do you do when you stay at a campsite that has NO grey waste disposal point !!!

do you empty but bucket into black waste ??

just empty where you are sighted ( as advised by campsite owner I add) don't fancy that due to smell

wait till next site if you can ??

where do you empty grey / black waste when wild camping ??? (never wild camped)

questions
questions
questions

CamoCam..I can see your dilemma in the UK ....it is a big problem...

Two years ago after stopping at friend’s house on the Yorkshire coast ...(who may I add said I could bucket.. empty down there toilet man hole).... ...I called at a Yorkshire Yacht club venue and asked if I could dispose my grey water down there grey disposal grid and cassette in the Elsan point... knowing a couple of members although not very happy:Angry:...allowed me....

It would be a lot better if the council would put public disposal points in many places in the UK ..

In France this is not a problem.....there is always an Aire close by...and another Aire...and another :thumb:...So there is no reason to leave the tap open and just drop your grey all over.

Surely the coach stations/ campsites should allow motorhomes to drop off waste grey and black...

At the channel tunnel UK side there is a drop off point for motorhomes and coaches

Also after disposing your grey CLOSE YOUR TAP ...depending how the motorhome is parked eg: level... there could be 1/4 to 1/3 of grey water still inside the tank...... and moving off just throws it everwhere:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Firstly I must say that I am against the indiscriminate discharge of waste (as well as littering etc.) But have to agree that there doesn't seem to be much thought given to the provision of facilities for dumping. Even campsites that claim to be motorhome friendly often have poor (or no) emptying places. Many have a drain for grey waste positioned alongside a wall, fence, gate or other obstruction making it impossible to manouvre over it.:thumbdown: Adding a gutter with a grating over it leading to the grate would make it so much easier. Each motorhome has different layouts so one single drain doesn't suit all. Ours doesn't have any sort of pipe that can be manouvred or 'aimed' so a drive over arrangement is the only solution. Also, I am sure that facilities for emptying grey and black water could be more widely available e.g. public toilets adjoining car parks, petrol stations, motorway service stations, local authority sites and how about more motorhome dealers offering aire-type facilities?:thumb:

Wyn

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
sorry that maybe the case in france .but in winter the french arent in france they are in other countries and they do drop grey waste every where . i would say 8 out of 10 do it .
as in uk .there are public toilets in almost every village or town . there are sewage drain covers every where . there isnt a problem . in spain its harder as not so mant toilets . but just about anywhere campers hang about will be a convenient cover to lift . possibly with a pull strap already fitted .
or ask at a garage . here or spain . for a few shilling you can usually tip your waste .
always carry a bucket for using on waste disposal .

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
If its OK for a few to dump their waste on the highway then it should be a right for all including those that live in conventional accomodation.
What a stinking environment we would have :Eeek:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Most for some reason are missing the point here. If you read the OP it is quite obvious that the offending motorhome had just left a campsite, which I can only presume had a grey waste dump. The point is, he was to damned lazy to use it.

I would be the first to say that I have released gray waste into the countryside whilst wild camping, BUT have never indiscriminately dumped it on the highway or on a pitch that someone else may have to use after I have left. Hedgerows and grids are fair game, but not on the highway or another pitch.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
and who, may I ask, is Jimmy Carr?

JJ :Cool:
A popular comedian m'lord. I believe from the television. He is alleged to host a television show that is popular amongst the lower classes, on a particularly left wing and seditious television channel allegedly called Channel 4. Disgraceful state of affairs.
:Doh::Doh:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i make observations . dont you .
i find many use belief or fantasy .i look see then make my own views . using the information i take in .
you only have to go to any wild camp area to see it happen . no point in going to a campsite as there is waste points usually . there you just use a bucket .
but where thought might be necessary thats where they open up and drive off .
see big groups all drive off drains open . most of the french seem to travel half a dozen together . safety in numbers etc .

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Most for some reason are missing the point here. If you read the OP it is quite obvious that the offending motorhome had just left a campsite, which I can only presume had a grey waste dump. The point is, he was to damned lazy to use it.

[HI]I would be the first to say that I have released gray waste into the countryside whilst wild camping, BUT have never indiscriminately dumped it on the highway or on a pitch that someone else may have to use after I have left. Hedgerows and grids are fair game,[/HI] but not on the highway or another pitch.

[HI]I live in the country and would be less than chuffed if you dumped your grey waste in my hedgerow[/HI]:Eeek:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
[HI]I live in the country and would be less than chuffed if you dumped your grey waste in my hedgerow[/HI]:Eeek:

I guarantee I have never dumped in your hedge and you can rest assured I never will :thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Dave... You can release your grey water on my land at Quinta Majay anytime you like... helps the fruit trees, vines and plants grow.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Dave... You can release your grey water on my land at Quinta Majay anytime you like... helps the fruit trees, vines and plants grow.

Had a friend that had 1800 Kiwi Fruit Vines growing, he made a point of using his "first water" every morning to drench a different Vine each day:Blush:

Took him 5 and a 1/2 years to go from the first to his last:roflmto:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

I appreciate your offer JJ and would be more than happy to do just that. BUT...if I had been camping on Quinta Majay and then drove out into the village before opening my slues gates, dumping the contents of my grey tank into the village high street am sure the locals would not be too happy. If all the visiting funsters dumped there waste in the village high street on departure it would not be very long before you were getting a visit from the head boy, resulting in no more campers on Quinta Majay. Am sure you get my drift ::bigsmile:

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
PaulyP - Wish i could remember the full reg number, and i wish i could have stopped him to have a few strong words.

What you need is a dashboard camera similar to the camera shown below in attached images -

Then you'd get a clip like this to recognise number plates - [ame]http://youtu.be/4ddpvKvoIho[/ame]

:france::france::france:

Attachments

• DR 32.jpg
    DR 32.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 9

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just wondering how many people I will see carrying buckets of grey waste at Malvern and where they will be putting it. :Blush::RollEyes:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just wondering how many people I will see carrying buckets of grey waste at Malvern and where they will be putting it. :Blush::RollEyes:

wont be the first time its been dumped in the fresh water bowser's....happened at Stratford a few years ago...but they had forgot to lock it. :Doh:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
(snipped) If all the visiting funsters dumped there waste in the village high street on departure it would not be very long before you were getting a visit from the head boy, resulting in no more campers on Quinta Majay. Am sure you get my drift ::bigsmile:

I suspect you might underestimate my influence with the head boy, young Dave...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
sorry that maybe the case in france .but in winter the french arent in france they are in other countries and they do drop grey waste every where . i would say [COLOR="Red[SIZE="4"]"]8 out of 10 do it . [/[/SIZE]COLOR]as in uk .there are public toilets in almost every village or town . there are sewage drain covers every where . there isnt a problem . in spain its harder as not so mant toilets . but just about anywhere campers hang about will be a convenient cover to lift . possibly with a pull strap already fitted .
or ask at a garage . here or spain . for a few shilling you can usually tip your waste .
always carry a bucket for using on waste disposal .

Sorry but not sure where you get your figures from would like to see the proof.:winky:
We've travelled for years and done thousands and thousands of miles in France and never seen this happening. The only time I see it is in the UK. We have regularly dumped our grey water in hedges when staying on Cls and CSs on the request of the site owner and on very rare occasions dumped some in a main drain but have never dumped black waste anywhere other than the proper place.
Surprised at some of the holier than you attitudes on here though.:whatthe:

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I have driven all sorts of vehicles, home and abroad for many years........I have never, ever seen a MH dump grey water on the road...............

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Sorry but not sure where you get your figures from would like to see the proof.:winky:
We've travelled for years and done thousands and thousands of miles in France and never seen this happening. The only time I see it is in the UK. We have regularly dumped our grey water in hedges when staying on Cls and CSs on the request of the site owner and on very rare occasions dumped some in a main drain but have never dumped black waste anywhere other than the proper place.
Surprised at some of the holier than you attitudes on here though.:whatthe:

i did say its not in france as there are places to tip .i see it in spain ,portugal ,maroc . anywhere the french get to in numbers . i could say that those that havent seen it done arent looking or perhaps are blind .

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
It may well be that some do, some do many things but to do the same does not make it right :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back