Jan 21, 2013
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I am a newbie
Hi all,
Well after caravanning nearly all my life, first with my parents then with my family I have finally decided to branch out into Motorhoming and I am now the proud? owner of a Hymer 494.
Schoolboy error made whilst purchasing said Hymer, didn't get it checked out fully ref damp and two days after parting with my hard earned cash found water dripping from a screw in the roof lining, that and a problem with the sink tap meant that since then it has been parked at Yorkshire Coast Campers near Scarborough getting repaired.:Sad:
Good news is vendor is going to stump up the cash to repair...... hopefully????.
Anyhoo here I am and looking forward to getting out and about soon.:Smile:
Ian

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Welcome to the UK's favourite and most friendly site for us motorhome enthusuasts.
I hope you enjoy your purchase after repairs. I would strongly recommend you check your repairs very carefully. Water ingress can wreck any leisure vehicle so a GOOD repair is essential. One of the best investments is a dampmeter so you can monitor any possible future water/damp problems.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome, hope you get your damp sorted out, one of your best investments could be £10 joining fee for Fun, you can ask and will get all sorts of questions answered about every aspect of motormen, bit late now for initial trouble, hope vendor pays up.

A great hobby though with so many positives you will soon be enjoying it and forget the dodgy start. :welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Ian, welcome to motorhomes and welcome to motorhome Fun:thumb: Water can travel a long way from the ingress point, so make sure that you get your repair details and subsequent warranties in writing, and make sure you get regular damp checks throughout. Most important get a thorough check before any warranty runs out so you can get the dealer back on it if they don't do a good job. You didn't say how old the van is but A six month Damp warranty after their fix should be long enough to see that they have fixed it properley.

An almost guarantee of a good job is to let them know that you've mentioned them here.:Smile: When they see that the quality of their work (or otherwise) will be seen by thousands of potential customers I'm sure it will spur them on:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back