Free Member
Oct 10, 2012
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Hello all,

Been browsing for a while and thought it about time to say hello.

My usual internet forums would be Tripadvisor Carribean or Asia or USA.

Briefly we are a couple aged 50 who have travelled extensively but always by air to some far flung beach or top end hotel (and some low end ones too).

We have for a while been growing tired of the hellishly long flights and the week needed to reset our body clocks on return.

This may sound really sad but we recently had a new addition to our little family a West Highland terrier puppy. We left our little chap with friends on our recent Carribean jaunt and after missing him so much it was the thing that once and for all decided us our travel plans must now include him.

And thats why I am here. Our plan is to purchase a Motorhome and finally see the country of our birth along with our Westie.

Have to be honest I am hugely confused and indeed overwhelmed with just how much I need to learn.

This may sem really simple stuff to you experts but stuff like once we find somewhere we like to stay a site for example we may be miles from attractions we want to see and is it practical to drive a large motorhome to said attractions and find parking.

I probably have a thousand inane questions like that but for now hello to everyone.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome to Fun, It may seem daunting but once you get your head round some things its great and dogs seem to really like traveling round in a motorhome

thearchitect

Free Member
Sep 20, 2012
North London
Funster No
MH
Getting closer.
Exp
Short stint 1972-6 none since
Welcome

You need a wheel (or two) on each corner, somewhere to cook, eat, relax, sleep and deficate. A bit like the caribbean, but without the wheels. Seriously, we too are newbies and wish you the best of luck in your endeavours and adventures.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome. There are some lovely people on here who will help you with any questions you may have. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Hello
Used to love foreign travel,however after buying a cockerpoo wanted to include him in holiday plans.I can't understand people who have dogs and seem to leave them at the drop of a hat,for me he's one of the family.
I'm a newbee to and have found this site and its members very friendly and full of good tips and advice.Since buying our van we've been on a couple of sites for the kids(searles at Hunstanton .....and flamingo land in Yorkshire) The best trip by far was 12 nights off the west coast of Scotland when we only stated one night on a campsite ,the rest of the time was spent at various beaches what they call wild camping.Now looking foreward to our next trip at half term,not decided where just going to wait and see what takes our fancy,
The beauty of having a Motorhome to us is that you can go where you want when you want and your never disappointed by your room when you get there.Oh and if you pick the right place the views out your window can be breathtaking,better than you'll get at ever the finest hotel.

All that remains to say is welcome from the Kelly family and hope you and the westy have many adventures.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Bren, welcome to the fun:thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi welcome to motorhome fun, you have already found one of the best tools on the Web to help. Your search, make a list. Of what you. Would like in a motorhome and then start. Your search, one of. The advantages of a motorhome. Is that at gatherings / shows etc you can park at the. Venue, enjoy the search and welcome. :Smile:

Last edited:

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Welcome. You're right to consider how you get to places once sited but don't get too hung up on driving everywhere.A bit of internet research and good old Google Satellite Maps yields loads of places where much can be done on foot, bicycle and public transport and it's nice to leave the driving behind and get the occasional lunchtime pint in! For city visits get a site near the P and R...easy.For real country go up the west coast of Scotland and stop on a beach and enjoy walking from your door.It's just a matter of finding the right places for you:thumb:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
cruiser

welcome to the world of lost or trying to get lost.but joy is you get somewhere. but if you dont like it,you just move on. its great.wish you well.:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back