Another newbie - from West Wales (1 Viewer)

Lucysmum

Free Member
Jul 29, 2009
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
Exp
6 whole months!
hi,

I was recommended to come to this site by a Lurcher Link user (you know who you are!) as OH and I are totally new to motorhoming. I'd never even been in a caravan. Our new (to us) baby (Swift Sundance) is sitting on the drive whilst we wait fot the insurance documents to arrive! I am so nervous about making a complete twit of myself the first time we drive on to a caravan site. Let alone figuring out how everything inside the vehicle works! Also we have 2 dogs - so any advice on the niceties of dogs & sites would be welcomed and what facilities can we reasonably expect for them? ie dog walking areas, access to public footpaths etc.

Sorry to ask so many questions but I'm trying not to slip down the steep learning curve before we even get off the drive.

lucysmum

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Lucysmum, We live in West Wales its been a bit wet the last couple of days:Eeek:

Welcome to the Fun, enjoy your new van:thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
[FONT=&quot]Hi Lucysmum WELCOME to the fun:thumb::thumb:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Don’t worry about getting it wrong we have all been there done that.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All you need to do is look for a fellow motorhomer they are normally[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]only to happy to help.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We travel with 2 dogs and normally on booking in I ask where can I [/FONT]
walk the dogs, they will soon tell you, better to ask than to make a mistake, there is often an area set aside for dog walking, if not a local lane or footpath you can use. Always pick up after your dogs. Keep dogs on a tether when around the van, and then you should have no problems.
Don’t worry about asking questions that’s how we all learnt ask away.

Hope you enjoy your first trip.

Dave:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Hi and welcome, I also live in west wales and the weather is horrid here hope it is better with you. :thumb:

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No
Hi and welcome, is the greyhound your dog ? i had and raced 2 greyhounds, they was very succesful on the track and excellent pets after their racing days were over. your pic reminds me so much of Rolly who i bought as a pup and raced then pampered for the next 12 years. ::bigsmile:

bald eagle

Free Member
Jan 30, 2009
here,there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 1998
Hi lucysmum and :welcome: don't worry about making mistakes just have fun :thumb:

regards
bald eagle

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
hi lucysmum:Smile: ive got two dogs as well a 12stone bullmastiff and a german shapherd cross i always ask before booking if theres any problems bringing the dogs if there is i go somewhere else:Tongue1:and don't worry about making mistakes it's all part of learning enjoy your new van:thumb:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi Lucysmum and welcome. We are in North Wales and it has just stopped raining-at last!
:rain::rain:
Don't worry about your first trip, we've all been there and some of us are still learning!!
Lucille

D

Deleted member 6950

Deleted User
Hi Lucysmum,

I was on holiday in Broad Haven near Haverfordwest at the beginning of this month and it rained all week. Has it stopped yet or are you further north?

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Lucysmum and :welcome:to MHFun.

My first thought was to suggest that you attend a Funster meet where you will find lots of friendly and knowledgeable folk to give you help, advice and instruction.:thumb:
However Funster meets in Wet Wales, sorry that should read West Wales:ROFLMAO:, are a bit thin on the ground. You might like to consider joining the Motorcaravanners Club who have a very active group in the South and West Wales area. They hold rallies most weekends and are a friendly and welcoming bunch. We have just spent a week or so with them, and had a great time despite the weather.::bigsmile:

http://www.swwmcgroup.org.uk/

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
hi dont worry you will enjoy your motorhome you could also join the camping and caravanning club they also have a very friendly motorhome section in south wales with meets most weekends

damondunc

Funster
Aug 2, 2007
near Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Lucysmum and welcome from me ( duvetwhippet on LL ):thumb:

Glad you found your way over here , they are a great crowd

All you have to do is be careful Motorhoming is addictive :winky:

Chris

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Lucysmum its fun to travel, you are not looking for the next job, someone else cuts the grass and fixes the fence, you just chill and enjoy life. Good luck

OP
OP
Lucysmum

Lucysmum

Free Member
Jul 29, 2009
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
Exp
6 whole months!
thanks & weather report!

hi Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome and yes it has just stopped raining! But I did get wet walking at Broadhaven this morning.

Lucy is a lurcher and has never raced or worked - although she does run well and sleeps on sofas! We are organising the seats so that she can travel harnessed on to one as she does in the car. The poor collie is having a sort of enclosure made between the seats, where the table goes, as she is too old to climb on seats and OH is convinced the dogs will fly across the floor unless secured.

Looking forward to meeting up with some fellow motorhomers soon if they are all as welcoming as you folks.

Now I have 2 addictions - lurchers & motorhomes!

Penny

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hi Lucysmum and :welcome:to MHFun.

My first thought was to suggest that you attend a Funster meet where you will find lots of friendly and knowledgeable folk to give you help, advice and instruction.:thumb:
However Funster meets in Wet Wales, sorry that should read West Wales:ROFLMAO:, are a bit thin on the ground. You might like to consider joining the Motorcaravanners Club who have a very active group in the South and West Wales area. They hold rallies most weekends and are a friendly and welcoming bunch. We have just spent a week or so with them, and had a great time despite the weather.::bigsmile:

South West Wales MC Group

Do they take RVing members or are the normal rally fields to soft for big uns?

OP
OP
Lucysmum

Lucysmum

Free Member
Jul 29, 2009
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
Exp
6 whole months!
Our first outing

We have just had 2 days away - our very first outing and it was totally BRILLIANT can't wait to go AGAIN!::bigsmile:

Yep we had all sorts of things go wrong, including our lurcher launching herself through the screen door into the van from the outside! Also OH managed to miss me by a whisker when he poured all the water off the top of the awning!

But as you all warned me - other motorhomers and caravanners were just so nice and helpful, we didn't feel quite so bad about not knowing the difference between the front and sides of our awning etc etc! :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back