stevebill

Free Member
Jun 23, 2010
UK sometimes
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi everyone. I Steve, and have a cunning plan with my wife Sue. we will be leaving our home in Nelson, New Zealand, to buy a motorhome in Europe- then travel Europe for a good long adventure. We are originally from Yorkshire so we speak reasonable English. Questions I need answers to include - I really like the look of Hymers, what does everyone else think? etc etc. The more info that would help us the better. From the best potato peeler for use in Bulgaria, to the valve overlap on a 1995 Thrapston Flagellator. It will all be useful as part of the big picture.
cheers everybody. Steve & Sue

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Steve & Sue, Hymers are great but in Europe the choice of motorhomes is vast so don't align yourself with just one brand till you get here.

Funsters are a friendly knowledgeable crew, so feel free to choose a forum topic and fire away with your questions:thumb: Meanwhile welcome to the fun.::bigsmile:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
:welcome: to the FUN site ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the forum. Originally from yorkshire and speak reasonable English, hee hee. Never wonder why we exported you to NZ.
Anyway that aside. Regarding motorhomme choice. Hymer and other German makes are great because usually they are LHD, great for europe, secondly they are winterised, i.e. built for a Northern european winter rather than a southern european summer like most (but not all) British vans. The biggest problem you will face is insurance (Though if you have a family address in the UK it will be much easier) There are many threads on this site re insurance for travellers from the antipodies not sure how they finally worked out. Anyway welcome, don't forget to drop into chat it has its own resident yorksireman so you will understand him, we also have one enconsed in France should you need help there.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi and Welcome to MH Fun

:welcomefunster:

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hi and Welcome to the Funsters from another Yorkshire person ( Huddersfield ) I too escaped but stayed in the UK

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back