Another Motorhome Gas Attack?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jim, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

• Like Like x 1
  2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

The only way "into" the sink in our van - and, I suspect, most others - is through the plug hole, which leads via the drainage system into the grey waste tank.

So, if I have it correct. The thieves would have to open the grey waste outlet (not knowing how much the tank contained) and wait for it to drain down. They would then inject the gas through the outlet pipe where it would initially disperse into the tank and then, once that was filled, start to flow into the sink &c.

They must be pretty patient thieves :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

I've just put a comment on it ... it just does NOT seem logical that the 'gassing' could possibly have been done in the way the poster has been told.

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

There was a sleeper train gassing story was doing the rounds years ago, never really got substantiated though. Robbing someone on a moving noisy train would be esay, once they are asleep through the noise, they will not easily wake. The next day looking for a reason, gas may well be offered up as a possible solution, but .... I've known whole corridors of rooms in hotels to be robbed while the occupant slept, its amazing what people will sleep through.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Phill D

Phill D

i have added a paragraph also. it does not ring true that suuficient gas can be carried to fill 2 whole rail carraiges and be effective. ( a small tanker would be needed , surely )

no doubt an incident took place and it was frightening.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy Funster

What I want to know is why are the alleged gasses never succumbing to the gas? Obviously wearing gas masks which are totally inconspicuous, I don't think so. Hog wash

7. crapboxemptier

crapboxemptier Read Only Funster

pissed and gassed

you would need a tanker full of gas to fill a motorhome and make it air tight gas is heavy so it would need to get as high as the bed,also there are u bends to stop the smell from the waste tank i have never heard of such rubbish,more like they got pissed and could not wake up,so it must be gas ,or a good insurance claim:Rofl1:

8. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

certainly is Graham........except.......

I suspect the 'sink' in question are the ventilation and gas drop vents.

Immaterial anyway.......GASSING DOES NOT HAPPEN.

Alcohol and excessive tiredness are the likely culprits.

Ply me with alcohol and deprive me of sleep, then when i do sleep i could sleep stood up.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  9. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

I've always assumed (maybe incorrectly) that most anaesthetic gases are inflammable? If they are the motorhome would be a noticeably different shape come daylight.

My wife & I slept through a visit to a campsite from a Police helicopter complete with searchlight & ground support. It was there for 20 minutes or so hunting for some miscreant(s) who had chosen to hide under a caravan. This occurred during the early hours & the whole site was buzzing with excitement in the morning. Everyone had been woken up and had been watching.

Except us: stone cold sober & fast asleep.:Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  10. moonman

moonman Read Only Funster

perhaps he gas you both before the cops arrived!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

I‘m definately leaving the plug in the sink when I go to bed from now on, can‘t be too careful:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 5
  12. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

My father in law drove a lorry and drag he parked up near Glasgow in a lorry park the local police station told him about. Next morning he goes off after spending the night in the truck, gets to his first drop, opens the trailer doors to find all the goods either missing or opened (catalogue company mostly), and a very big hole in the floor, the police said was probably cut with some kind of power saw the same thing in the back of the box lorry !
    He was asleep all night in the cab and heard nothing!
    He had not had any drink !
    People can and do sleep through robberies

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Gunner29

Gunner29 Read Only Funster

sleep

I served in the Royal Artillery and after a few days exercise & firing our guns I could sleep through all six firing together.:Eeek:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Ooooooo .... can we give that a try at Peterborough show ... should be fun!!! :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  15. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Chester a couple of years ago. Most of the Fun ralliers were talking on Sunday morning about the visit of the aliens during the night (Network Rail fixing the viaduct and using bright lights). Jill (stone cold sober) had slept through the lot :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

gassing stories are just wishful thinking by people desperate not to believe they slept through a robbery. especially those cases where doors weren't locked or where fitted alarms not set

if a magistrate heard a case in court where gassing was proven, they would pass the case to a higher court to be tried for assault with a deadly weapon (narcotic gas). wouldn't happen though, as there is no gas available to such criminals that would safely incapacitate the occupants of a motorhome without killing some. Russian special forces used narcotic gas in a theatre siege a couple of years ago. dozens of civilians died due to the gas. yes there are military grade poison gasses, thats a fact but so is the fact they are deadly without protective suits and masks

would it be worthwhile to a gang of thieves to potentially murder a family in a van for a few euros and some electrical goods? also would the cost of the gas be worth the potential profits?

on the whole, i consider all gassing stories to be a vivid creation of the minds of upset people. propagating them is just alarmist and does nobody any good really

• Like Like x 1
  17. Emmenay

Emmenay Read Only Funster

So far not one of the motorhome gas attack victims I have ever read about have mentioned that their alarm was going off or had gone off during the attack. Is it just coincidence that the attackers know the alarm is not set or did they carry on attacking during the alarm noise??
    Now if someone said, 'a policeman woke us in our bed to tell us we have been robbed and our alarm alerted them', I might actually sit up and listen!

• Like Like x 1
  18. ludo

ludo Funster Life Member

Why do people buy expensive gas dector alarms in an attempt to protect them from "gassing"? :RollEyes:

If no-one knows what type of gas is supposed to be being used, how do they know that the alarm will detect the "gas"? :Eeek:

Beats me! :Doh:

19. TweetiePie

TweetiePie Read Only Funster

I got gassed once, fell asleep and when I woke up two of my teeth were missing. :shout:

20. icantremember

icantremember Funster

It must have been the Tooth Fairy ...... how old were you at the time Rob?
    [​IMG]