Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Yes I know it is passed my bed time .. just gone 0100 hours.. just got back from Lincoln where the MOT was carried out this afternoon.

I went on from Peterborough to Duncan's (Star Spangled Spanner) who did a chassis service .. stripped the brakes down, cleaned and greased the workings.. changed the oil filter and engine oil and changed the genny oil and a host of little jobs like fitting JIM's tyre pressure valves.

We went over to North Lincoln this afternoon for the MOT and the RV passed.. no advisories .. so another one under my belt....

Long weekend.. Peterborough we all know about by now.. glad to have that behind me, but the mud still will need a weekend to see it go on the outside and inside.

Anyway back to the real world now ... time to get ready for Newbury, which will soon be here towards the end of the month.

Bob

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Always such a relief when we get a MOT pass and another year of travel is in front of us --have fun:thumb:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Nice when they go straight through, Bob.
Mine (2000 W Reg) went straight through last week. (No, Geo, the tester didnt have a guide dog)
Annual service to come, then ready to play.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
the MOT was done in North Lincoln

Mine (2000 W Reg) went straight through last week. (No, Geo, the tester didnt have a guide dog)

The MOT was done in a MOT station that only did a certain class of trucks.... but not cars.. very modern unit and it was a case of a prison transport unit in front and a large mini bus behind.. a conga line....

I should have passed as it had spent the morning in Duncan's (Startspangledspanner.co.uk) workshop, with VIC taking the brakes down and going over it.. plus Duncan and Vic checking that everything else was OK before we went along for the test... helps that the tester has a Winnebago brave him self.

Bob:thumb:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
The MOT was done in a MOT station that only did a certain class of trucks.... but not cars.. very modern unit and it was a case of a prison transport unit in front and a large mini bus behind.. a conga line....

I should have passed as it had spent the morning in Duncan's (Startspangledspanner.co.uk) workshop, with VIC taking the brakes down and going over it.. plus Duncan and Vic checking that everything else was OK before we went along for the test... helps that the tester has a Winnebago brave him self.

Bob:thumb:
so he takes back handers then bob:winky::winky:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I would not say that

so he takes back handers then bob:winky::winky:

I would not say that... just he at least knows about RV handbrakes, not like some MOT testers I know.

But it is very much all done these days by the numbers and the machine enters it up.. I know my right leg (the only one) still aches from trying to hold the revs at 2,500 for god knows how long to do the emission test. He wanted to see every warning light working... would not take my word... so I am happy, as I know it passed from being fit for the road.

Bob:winky:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks

I heard on the grape vine his dog has passed away John,
News is he will be getting a new one soon, hopefully with better eyesight than the last one:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I hope the eye sight is better than the parking in the mud

I hope the eye sight is better than the parking in the mud at Peterborough:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: then I did not need a tractor to get me out:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Had three MOTs in the last 2 days. The toad and Shirleys Matiz yesterday and the MH today. All passed ::bigsmile:. My Suzuki is OK till November fortunately.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back